Florissant, MO

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 21, 2015
There are some really good teachers who care about their students, but there are a few who are just in it for a paycheck and you can tell who those are.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 21, 2015
On occasion teachers have disrespected children by saying shut up (which I heard with my own ears) and a substitute who used the word idiot when speaking to 2nd graders.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 21, 2015
I feel when several children are acting up. All get punished! What is that teaching them? My child is not on a football team, she is a individual and should be treated as such. I understand the saying, "One for all and all for one." But this should not be used in individual setting when a group of children are misbehaving and not the entire class.

Robinwood Elementary School 3

Posted May 21, 2015
My children have been going to this school since Kindergarten and are now in fifth and second grade. On numerous occasions I would call the school to tell them about issues with bulling. Nothing would happen, with the exception of, " we understand your concern and its being investigated." We've had issues with some of the staff telling children to shut up, calling them tattle tellers and using the word idiots to children. Of course all of which was being investigated when followed up on. Some of these teachers have no control of there classes. My children have been punished by removal of recess and made to put their heads on their desk because of kids disrupting the class. What is that teaching my child who does the right thing ? They're punishing the good kids because they have no control. My children beg to not go to school when a substitute is present in fear of being included on the feedback report their teacher will receive or either being picked on. Because basically a substitute is just body in a chair. I will say however, we started having all these problems within the past 2-3yrs. I feel it has something to do with them trying to keep their accreditation. The first couple years were great. Teachers were friendly, kids were more controlled and my children enjoyed going to school. It's the end of the year and I truly hope next school year is better. If not, we plan to enroll our children in private school.

Posted April 16, 2014
Both of my boys attend Robinwood Elementary. My oldest son has been going there since he was in second grade(he's now a soon to be middle schooler) and my youngest son started going there when he was in kindergarten. I do not have any bad things to say about this school. The teachers are friendly, patient and knowledgeable. You can tell that they care about the kids. I receive feedback from my children's teacher periodically on how my children performance in class. The principal is amazing - she has control over the kids and you can tell by the enviornment and the kids behavior. She is a go-getter, a resolver. She gets the job done when it needs to be done. The school environment is warm and safe. I have not once had a issue with the teachers, principals, children and the parents. I will recommend this school to anyone. My youngest son participates in the IEP program. Kudos to his teacher and the speech therapies. My son know reads on a 2nd-3rd grade level(he's only in the 1st grade) and pronunciate his words with ease. His confidence level when reading and talking is now throught the roof.

Robinwood Elementary School 3

Posted July 25, 2012
3 of my children have attended this school, and i would not recommend this school to anyone. They have some good teachers, but unfortunately my last child did not receive any of them. The principal did not work well with parents. This year they are getting a different principal and i hope she does a better job listening to the concerns of the parents. I believe the teachers need to take diversity classes and learn age appropriateness. My childs 1st grade teacher wrote my child up for breaking his pencil in half. Wrote me a long letter telling me how inappriate the action was and how a broken pencil is dangerous and can be used as a weapon. Not because he broke it and threatened someone, but just because he broke it. I'm thinking lady, he's 6.

Posted July 12, 2011
I live in west county and my Grand Daughter attends Robinwood school. The Principal, Teachers and Staff are as competent and caring as I have seen in public schools. The school is not as "fancy" as other schools,,but presents a learning enviroment in a school where the children are loved. I would reccommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 05, 2009
Because my child is Autistic, with hearing impaired and just transferred to this school and they are doing everything possible to help her with her needs.

Posted January 03, 2009
Two out of three of my children have gone and are in the Robinwood School. Robinwood is a great school with excellent staff. The principal and staff are willing to go over and beyond to make sure your child gets and receives the extra help that they may need to help them to succeed. I have been very pleased with this Ferguson-Florissant School and how it has been ran.

Robinwood Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2006
All 3 of my children attend Robinwood Elementary. The school has concerned, qualified, friendly teachers and staff. They are very welcoming and understanding. My kids have had great experiences at this school.

955 Derhake Rd, Florissant, MO  63033
Last modified Robinwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robinwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top