Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Their just as frustrated as a lot of us parents as they're not able to dig deeper into the materials with the time available to them. Some classes are 90 min while others are 40 min. Completely irrational!

Amount of homework: Disagree

I haven't seen much of any homework since being here. I've been hearing that the teachers only lecture for less than 15 min and the rest of the time is solitary or in groups. Realizing that kids have a short attention span; if the teacher is interesting, then there's no problem with having longer teaching periods.

Develops character: Disagree

This district used to be great. Not anymore. With the transfers coming from the failing districts we're forced to take care of the problem kids that are now flooding this area and our schools. When I moved here 20 years ago, this district was one of the top in the state of Missouri. Not so much anymore and our kids are suffering because of it. These kids coming from the unaccredited areas that haven't been able to get a chance to learn anything is a real major issue. The state or federal government needs to come to these kids rescue. 1) So they can be in their own neighborhood, not having to wake up at the crack of dawn to catch a bus to come all the way over here and still be left behind because they don't know how to read or write. 2) So my kids don't have to be afraid to go to school from being bullied over and over by the same group of kids and the school doesn't do anything about it. We've even called the district and didn't get a call back which shows how much they don't care. We are so ready to move to another district that hasn't been blighted yet. It's absolutely ridiculous and something needs to be done! This district will lose its accreditation soon enough! We just hope that we're already moved out of here. Don't waste your time and money to move out here if you have kids getting ready for school!

Years ago this district was on top & one of the best in the state! Now I feel it has flip flopped and am unsure if this district will recover. Both of our kids are so frustrated as the school is now becoming a problem with predominantly problem ridden children. Our kids have to suffer when the school doesn t make the MAP test scores like they should. We need to get back to the competitive edge that schools had before. We MUST QUIT dumbing down the core subjects and important tests that weed out the different levels of intelligence. Reality is what it is and there are separations of intelligence which is simply that ..intelligence. There needs to be special edu. & programs for advanced placement. With the problem kids comes the problem parents and thus the neighborhood is changing along with the threat of home values in our area. We need to put our feet down with these problem kids and make them go to an alternative school setting if they are going to be problems for the rest of us. A lot of us are done being patient!

There are lots of fights, very rude students and lots of drugs use amongst the students. I personally do NOT like this school at all.

I was a student at Hazelwood NWMS. I went there 6-7 grade and sadly had to move. I was devistated.! But parents and students im letting you know this...NWMS is one of the BEST schools for your kids to go to. The teachers are fair, they teach you things you will need to know and best yet we always get the BEST field trips ever.! Not alotta drama and if so the adults in the schol always seem to get it under control. To be honest i wish i still went there. Thats how AWESOME it was. -Kyrsten Ryner

i go to this school its great.the last school i went to was very heart breaking to me it just me sad to see all those kids getting bullied.at northwest middle the teachers in sixth grade pay attention to us. they try to help us.if i was you i would let my child go to this school because from over the years this school has change.its a wonderful safe envoiroment for me.i think it will be for you and your child.thank you

I am currently a seventh-grader at NWMS, and I like the school, except for that the gymnasium, which the Drama Club often needs, is more often than not taken over by the sports clubs. I object to this very strongly.

I am currently a seventh grader at this school, and I am not very happy with this environment. Although I have made many nice friends here and enjoy attending classes and getting my education, I never feel truly safe in this environment. I am constantly bullied and/or tortured. Student discipline is horrible. The teachers are very nice and deserve more respect than this. I can not go a day without at least 5 interruptions in class. Most of my fellow students are uncaring, disruptive, rude, cheating liars. Bullying is a big issue in this school, and it is rarely taken care of properly. Yes, we are told to tell an adult. And when we do, it isn't taken care of very convincing. These rude students could care less about their detentions and suspensions. Every day, I am bullied every day in some way, and I truly don't like this school.

I went to Hazelwood middle for a year and started a week late. I was dissapointed with that school and fortunately won't be attending ever again. instead I am going to a private school in the fall. the school was too overcrowded .the work there was so easy a second or third grader could complete it. there were many fights.Race was an issue too. to any parent who's reading this my advice to you is to not place your child in this environment. it's not a good place if you want your child to succeed. P.S I did make some friends

Last modified Northwest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.