Northwest Middle School 2

Posted November 06, 2014
Years ago this district was on top & one of the best in the state! Now I feel it has flip flopped and am unsure if this district will recover. Both of our kids are so frustrated as the school is now becoming a problem with predominantly problem ridden children. Our kids have to suffer when the school doesn t make the MAP test scores like they should. We need to get back to the competitive edge that schools had before. We MUST QUIT dumbing down the core subjects and important tests that weed out the different levels of intelligence. Reality is what it is and there are separations of intelligence which is simply that ..intelligence. There needs to be special edu. & programs for advanced placement. With the problem kids comes the problem parents and thus the neighborhood is changing along with the threat of home values in our area. We need to put our feet down with these problem kids and make them go to an alternative school setting if they are going to be problems for the rest of us. A lot of us are done being patient!

Posted October 28, 2013
There are lots of fights, very rude students and lots of drugs use amongst the students. I personally do NOT like this school at all.

Northwest Middle School 5

Posted May 19, 2011
I was a student at Hazelwood NWMS. I went there 6-7 grade and sadly had to move. I was devistated.! But parents and students im letting you know this...NWMS is one of the BEST schools for your kids to go to. The teachers are fair, they teach you things you will need to know and best yet we always get the BEST field trips ever.! Not alotta drama and if so the adults in the schol always seem to get it under control. To be honest i wish i still went there. Thats how AWESOME it was. -Kyrsten Ryner

Northwest Middle School 5

Posted September 14, 2009
i go to this school its great.the last school i went to was very heart breaking to me it just me sad to see all those kids getting bullied.at northwest middle the teachers in sixth grade pay attention to us. they try to help us.if i was you i would let my child go to this school because from over the years this school has change.its a wonderful safe envoiroment for me.i think it will be for you and your child.thank you

Northwest Middle School 3

Posted July 31, 2009
I am currently a seventh-grader at NWMS, and I like the school, except for that the gymnasium, which the Drama Club often needs, is more often than not taken over by the sports clubs. I object to this very strongly.

Northwest Middle School 3

Posted November 07, 2008
I am currently a seventh grader at this school, and I am not very happy with this environment. Although I have made many nice friends here and enjoy attending classes and getting my education, I never feel truly safe in this environment. I am constantly bullied and/or tortured. Student discipline is horrible. The teachers are very nice and deserve more respect than this. I can not go a day without at least 5 interruptions in class. Most of my fellow students are uncaring, disruptive, rude, cheating liars. Bullying is a big issue in this school, and it is rarely taken care of properly. Yes, we are told to tell an adult. And when we do, it isn't taken care of very convincing. These rude students could care less about their detentions and suspensions. Every day, I am bullied every day in some way, and I truly don't like this school.

Posted August 08, 2008

Posted August 21, 2007
- a former student
I went to Hazelwood middle for a year and started a week late. I was dissapointed with that school and fortunately won't be attending ever again. instead I am going to a private school in the fall. the school was too overcrowded .the work there was so easy a second or third grader could complete it. there were many fights.Race was an issue too. to any parent who's reading this my advice to you is to not place your child in this environment. it's not a good place if you want your child to succeed. P.S I did make some friends

Northwest Middle School 4

Posted June 26, 2007
Hazelwood middle school has its problem, but its a ok school and yes the school is overcrowd with a number of 1400 student in a 900 meant to be school but I went there just this past school year and if your child pay attenuation he/she will be fine.I know for a fact that this a fine school and pretty soon it will be better. the new middle school open up so it will be fine.

Northwest Middle School 2

Posted November 30, 2006

Northwest Middle School
1605 Shackelford Rd, Florissant, MO  63031
Last modified Northwest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top