Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted March 14, 2016
New principal makes all the difference in the world. Principal has such a great bond with the students and staff seems happier too.

Posted March 11, 2016
The school has been under new leadership for the past year and I see many positive changes. The teachers here have always been wonderful, going above and beyond. There are numerous family activities that are always well-attended.

Posted March 11, 2016
The teachers and staff at the school have a great concern for the kids and their emotional, behavioral and educational well-being. The teachers and staff have a great bond and interaction with the kids. PTA plans fun family events throughout the year that all enjoys.The school is clean and well-kept. Great experience with McCurdy. Highly recommend it.

Posted October 05, 2015
There have been a lot of positive changes so far with the new principal. The PTA hosts a lot of fun family activities.

Posted August 03, 2014
It's depressing to read most of these comments. I actually went to this school as a child. I always wanted to work for the Hazelwood School District. Good thing I found better opportunities in Georgia and Florida.

Posted January 02, 2014
The principal is the worst I have ever dealt with. Her people skills with parents and staff are non existent. In 3 1/2 years I don't think I ever saw the principal smile. She drove away the best teachers to other Hazelwood schools. Student discipline is not working. Student behavior is continuing to decline. She tries a command and control approach with everything including the PTA. She has violated PTA by-laws with her actions at PTA meetings. She undermines PTA volunteers. I would never ever recommend somebody send their child to this school.

Posted July 17, 2013
High teacher turn over, why?? The teachers are leaving to go to another Hazelwood School does not seem right. Is it the Principal? Hmmmmmm it's a shame

Posted March 27, 2013
My child and I are very unhappy at McCurdy. The principal is cold and the office staff will do nothing to help you in any way. My child come home begging not to go back - says classmates are rude to adults and mean. My child is usually a good student but I am starting to see attitude problems and other issues due to the classmates and the staff. My childs teacher cannot control her class and has many behavior problems but nobody seems to care. I finally met my childs teacher after her third day there and only because i insisted. My child has been to two other hazelwood elementary schools and they were both awesome. I can definately say that as soon as I am able I am going to do everything in my power to get my child back to one of those. There principals cared and so did staff. I have found where at her last school Lawson everyone one was there FOR the children Here at McCurdy the children are the BUSINESS. I can hardly wait to get my child out of this school.

Mccurdy Elementary School 2

Posted June 19, 2012
In years past, there were a LOT of parents who were very disgusted with the principal of this school. Now there is a new principal who has been there since about 2009. She is very cold, and she's very stand-offish with parents. She speaks in a condescending manner to the majority of the parents. When it comes to the school activities, the principal here is genuinely supportive. However, if there is anything that the parents want that she does not want, she find a way to make sure that it doesn't happen. She will not respond to emails regarding issues with my children. My children tend to do well at the school, however there are always concerns. Good luck, however, trying to get this principal to see your point of view. The programs at McCurdy could be slightly more challenging, however a lot of children seem to be struggling to keep up with the basic curriculum. So I understand why the curriculum is not more challenging. The secretary in the front office is HORRIBLE. She will NEVER assist you with anything that you ask her to. She will always have an excuse as to why she cannot. The instructional specialist here is good. She is intelligent and well informed.

Mccurdy Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2008
The kids love their teachers and have learned a lot from them. However, a new teacher from last year seemed extremely overwhelmed and without the support from the principle. When we talked to the teacher she would always work with us to make the best year ever. I was chased down by the asst. principle because my son did not flush the toilet.

Mccurdy Elementary School
975 Lindsay Ln, Florissant, MO  63031
Last modified Mccurdy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.