Fort Leonard Wood, MO

Posted April 02, 2014
I like that the school/teachers keep us updated daily and the teachers there are excellent with my children! My son has behavioral problems and was always in detention in his previous school but since he has been going here we have not had ANY phone calls. Very happy with their patience and the way they work with children.=]

Wood Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2013
My daughter went to kindergarten here and we really liked her teacher and she learned so much. There is always something fun going on and a lot of family activities. The principal was very friendly and the office staff knew me by name. There were two things I didn't like however. I did not like the fact that anyone can enter the school. There is no security or office check. I also felt that they watched way too many movies. I am all for a movie day every now and then but they watched movies all the time. Other than that we really liked the school and we will miss it when we PCS.

Posted October 28, 2012
Great school! My 2 boys attended almost 3 yrs & they learned so much because of the teachers great dedication & as well great principle, Dr Campbell is a great leader, always involved with the children's activities & always working on making better changes each year. I never got involved but the PTA as well shows great support always had activities & fund raising going on. Me & my family had to pcs this year & my kids miss FLW because of their school.

Posted June 06, 2012
Great principle & great teachers. I'd recommend this school to any family moving to Fort Leonard Wood. It's been 3 years since my kids have been attending & have never encountered any problems. I have 2 boys & they have improved in every area possible. I'm not only proud of my children but I give the credit to the teachers whom have done a great job with all their students every year! Go Tigers!

Wood Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2011
My children attended Wood Elementary for several years. Despite the never ending changes required of this school and high poverty levels, they have performed well. They have a caring and dedicated staff. You will not find a school with more compassion for students or school spirit. Go Tigers!

Posted July 11, 2011
I found this school to be the worst ever. My children attended there for a year and a half and I was more the teacher then them. There standards are set very low and claim to be above state standard but can't believe that. My children have been passed through the system but can not accomplished their grade level work per the performance books I have purchased. Principal needs to quite concentrating on money and actually get all the non-sense out of the building and get these kids in the classroom learning. Too much play time happens!

Posted April 26, 2011
By far the worst school (and district) so far. Barely any communication from teachers and principle and curriculum is horrible. Not to mention my son has missed so many days of school because the teachers and bus drivers seem to think talking is a suspendable behavior. If we are on FLW again nest school year he is either going to be home schooled or i will find a private school. This district has made me sick to my stomach.

Posted July 19, 2010
not only did my daughter go there for kindergarden and 1st grade i substituted there. i would consider this the best school in my work history and inmy childs. Heaven-Leigh was so happy at the school and she learned so much. ms. cambell is a great principle and mrs. scott her kindergarden teacher made her feel completely welcome, safe and smart at this school. definitely 10 out of 10 for me!

Wood Elementary School 3

Posted September 22, 2009
Wood worries too much about kids who talk in the hall and punishing them. Behavior is such a focus that it seems like an alternative school.

Posted June 21, 2009
I find this school just catering to the students who have 'perfect attendance'. Who cares if you make good grades, have good behavior or are a good student. I also agree that the teachers are forced to teach just so the students do well on the MAP test. I urge you to check out the MAP test scores for this school~~horrible.

Wood Elementary School
7076 Pulaski Ave, Fort Leonard Wood, MO  65473
Last modified Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top