K-12|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter currently attends 6th grade at this school. She started 5th grade here last year. She LOVES the school and her teacher. I love the fact that the price is reasonable, she's been moved up to 7th grade math since she was advanced when she arrived, and she has opportunities to learn about the word of God all day long. This school is definitely needed and worth the sacrifice to send her. The administration is great, teachers are great and my daughter has never had any issues with other students. Prayerfully she'll graduate from here in 2020.

I am currently finishing my first year as a teacher here at GCS. I have loved it! I am also a mom of two sons and a daughter attending their first year here. I am so glad we have found this school. We have all loved the teachers and students and environment. The staff is GREAT to work with and the administration is very supportive. The spiritual health of this school has blessed me as we meet every morning for staff devotions to encourage each other in the Word and to pray for each others' needs and those of our students. This is my first time working in a Christian school, and it has been great to openly share of Christ and be able to openly care about not only the academic, but spiritual needs of our students and one another. I am REALLY looking forward to next year as we prepare to conclude this one!

As a father of children who have previously attended various local public schools, another Christian school, and have been a part of homeschooling for a period of time, I have been VERY pleased with my desicion to enroll my children here and with the general atmosphere of this school. It is my desire to keep my children here until each of them graduate. I appreciate the unique cultural diversity; socioeconomic diversity; the size and the ability for the teachers to care about my children's individual academic needs and success; and their stand on the Word of God. I have been pleased to see the teacher's investment of their time to help work with my kids even many times after school whether with academic matters or spiritual concerns. This school has a staff that GENUINELY care about the heart and training of the kids attending, and that genuinely care about the heart of the family and how they, as a school, can help. STRONG recommendation.

BEST deal for Christian Education we have found! GREAT, updated facility! GREAT, safe, comfortable environment! My son was a little apprehensive at first about changing schools, but he found he LOVED it immediately and is begging to go back in the fall!

My daughter has attended GCS since first grade and is now in middle school. We have been pleased that the academics and offerings have continued to improve each year. Most importantly, we have been impressed with the love and dedication shown by the entire faculty throughout her school career. Their devotion to Christ is apparent and it is so wonderful to know she is learning the Biblical way to look at the world. She doesn t want to be anywhere else and we wouldn t have her anywhere else.

SO disappointed in this school. IT does not support their teachers, it has horrible leadership, and it is NOT a school that is truly non-denominational. It is an Assembly of God school and if you are not of that denomination they will discriminate against you. They also take any student regardless of their past. They claim to be Christian but do not act that way - I would never send my children to this school based on: LACK of excellence; LACK of teacher support; LACK of Spiritual leadership; If you want to pay money for apathy and lots of empty, chaotic events and programs - go there. Go to Blue Ridge Christian School for substance, or a public school instead! I attest to this first hand and am so sorry for the STATE of this so-called "Christian" school.

My daughter attends school here. I am very pleased with the balance of education and the spiritual. The teachers obviously love their jobs and love the children. There is a school uniform but it has relaxed over the last few years. Students can wear any color of solid polo; khaki, black, or navy blue pants; and are allowed to wear solid sweatshirts with no hoodies. The arts have expanded in the last several years, too. There is art for all grades, theatre, music/band, digital arts, and yearbook/journalism. I feel like my child is getting a quality education in a safe environment.

I went here for 9 years and it had its up and downs. It is very strict and sometimes loses sight as to why, such as not tucking in the polo shirt and wearing Khakis that are too dark will get you sent home for the day. When we resisted and asked, "why?" they pretty much said, "because I said so," and handed us our detention slip. Now that I am an adult, I wish they could have just told us, "because one day you are going to have a job, and we want to train you to look professional." I graduated with a vast understanding of the Bible and Christian values, and am in a MUCH better place than I would be if we had to succomb to densely gang populated public schools. I didn't realize just how much I appreciated and fortunate I was to go there until going to a public college and seeing the contrast. Overall a great school for kids to go to. Woth the money...

Last modified Grandview Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12