Grandview, MO

Posted August 11, 2010
I think Belvidere is the best maintained elementary school in the district. The school is cleaner and brighter than the others. My son has attended Belvidere since 1st grade and every teacher has showed they care a great deal about his education.

Posted April 17, 2009
All 4 of my children have attended Belvidere. The teachers and staff care a great deal about the students and do a good job. The principal, Ms. Means is one of the best principals this school has ever had. She cares for the students and the staff and it shows.

Posted November 20, 2008

Belvidere Elementary School 0

Posted September 09, 2008
hello I have two children at belvidere and i hate to see them leave next year it is a great school

Posted November 01, 2007

Posted February 09, 2007
I am very happy with the curriculum. My daughter is reading on a 3rd grade level. I believe the school has a lot to do with it but I've encouraged her to read since she was 3 and LaPetite Academy is also very much responsible for her academic skills. Some of the after school activities during the workweek I disagree with because I'm often at times pressured to give in and I'm a single parent. An example is, Family night at Skateland on a Thursday night. I think this is wrong and I suppose it's cheaper since it's during the workweek. I think the PTA should structure activities for weekends.

Posted September 14, 2006

Belvidere Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2005
The quality of academic programs seem to be based more on what the classroom teacher thinks is appropriate and is not streamlined throughout the district. I know this because my child is a second grader with a fantastic teacher and great cirriculum, and I have substituted at all of the local elementary schools. At every different school even the same grade level will have various learning provided and very different expectations and cirriculum. Basically if you get lucky enough to have a good teacher at this or any other grandview school and a teacher with high expectations then it is great, but if your child isn't lucky then watch out! The level of learning can be pretty terrible. Parental involvement at this particular school is low, as well as I don't really care too much for the pricipal. I have seen many more better involved and friendlier to the students.

Belvidere Elementary School
15200 White Ave, Grandview, MO  64030
Last modified Belvidere Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belvidere Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top