Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The teachers are mostly okay, but the current administration is terrible. The principal yells at kids and seems to lose her temper very easily.Test scores have really dropped since she took over last year. My special education student reports getting little help and lots of teacher absences. I haven't talked to his case manager all year. The lady who runs the special education office is really nasty when you call to find out what is going on. I do not get any meeting notices, and then they expect me to reschedule at times that don't work. This high school is going south fast, we have had several kids here in the last 8 years, each year is worse than the last!

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Some of the assistant principals are okay.

Develops character: Neutral

Administration does not demonstrate these qualities towards students.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers try hard, but usually have too many students to really give students personal attention.

We have been a part of the Grandview schools for 3 years now, but have lived in Grandview for over 15 years. We have a senior, sophomore and an 8th grader here and am very proud of their school and the community. You couldn't ask for better teachers and you would be hard pressed to find a school district with more teachers that have taught in the same district for years as Grandview does. It says a lot when a district has so many long standing teachers. Grandview is truly a hidden jewel of a community.

I have watched student after student excel at GHS for six years. The staff cares about every student, desiring to partner with parents to help their child succeed! There are so many opportunities at this high school. Both of my sons have shared how they appreciate the diversity at the high school and the students 'let you be who you really are' without question. Someone once asked me how I felt about my sons (Caucasian) attending a school where they were in the minority of the total student population. I told them that I hadn't even noticed until they brought it up! All joking aside, I don't look a the percentages of races, etc. I love all those kids, no matter their skin color. This school is one of the best in the state of MO, being accredited with distinction TWO years in a row! The athletics program is excellent! The coaching staff are wonderful people who truly care about every athlete, in every way - not just their abilities on the field or court! The band program excels every year at competitions and festivals. Can't even describe all the positives of this school!

The test scores as they are shown here are a very poor indicator of this school's performance. This school has been ACCREDITED WITH DISTINCTION for the past 3 years. Staff is working diligently to help each individual student succeed but improving communication and encouraging parent involvement. Everyone is encouraged to continue to help the school become stronger and stronger to help ALL students acheive.

This School is great, fights rarely happen and EVERY SINGLE STUDENT is willing and able to learn. Send your kids here because they will turn out smarter... Trust me i'm a doctor!

I have been teaching at GHS for 3 years now, and I've been a high school teacher for 19 years. I love the students at GHS. We have some great teachers and a wonderful admin staff who truly care about our kids. Yes, we have some apathetic kids, but so does every school in the US. We have very few fights, our test scores have improved dramatically, and we're scoring better than every neighboring school in the area. Couple that with our excellent athletic programs and diverse course offerings, and you will see why Grandview is improving leaps and bounds over other schools. If I didn't believe this, I wouldn't live in this community, and trust Grandview to teach my own children.

I am currently in my second year at Grandview and I love it here! The teachers here are amazing. I love going to sporting events because everyone has a lot of school spirit. Grandview offers a lot of classes that other districts don't. The counselors really help you find the right career path. The students are really helpful and will make you feel welcomed. We're all family and enjoy each other company. I love being a Grandview Bulldog!!! No other school in America, can be better than GHS.

Last modified Grandview Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.