Harrisburg, MO

Posted October 26, 2009
In my personal opinion I believe that Harrisburg is extremely judgemental. I was a student there from seventh grade to graduation and most definitely was never excepted. I would never recommend this school to anyone. It might have been a better school if I would have went there since i was in kindergarten like most of my classmates that i graduated with. Throughout the years that I was involved in this school i was always judged and never accepted. To be quite blunt, 90% of the students, faculty, and community in general are very selfish and would never put someone else before them. If you are considering this school, Don't.

Harrisburg High School 2

Posted January 22, 2007
Harrisburg is indeed one of the tightest knit communities I have ever seen. We have lived in this school district for 7 years and my children have gone to Harrisburg schools since pre-k. And we are still not welcomed! We are involved in all type of programs. We however made the mistake of not being Basketball supporters we are academic supporters and supporters of all the children not just the chosen few. If you try to institute change and not just go with the flow your children will be punished by the chosen. Priority in this school (Basketball)

Posted April 23, 2006
Harrisburg is a school that continues to focus on quality teachers. I know for a fact that the starting salary is higher that any other school in central Missouri. Harrisburg is getting the best young teachers and has an excellent academic staff. Harrisburg also has a an excellent athletic program. The school continues to have winners in the conference speech & debate, rural electric essay contest and a few years ago had the number one T.E.A.M. (tests for engineering and math) score in the nation for schools of their size. The major problem is you don't read about the academic successes in the newspaper or heard about them on the radio or TV. It's the sports program that gets the press, but that's not the school's fault. Someone mentioned that they would not 'from here'. Allow me to say that there are many, many new faces in the community and all are welcomed in if they want to become a part of the community. Small communities want new comers to be part of the community and not part of the problem. Get involved with the various civic organizations, churches, 4H., etc. BE A JOINER NOT A LONER!

Posted April 10, 2006

Harrisburg High School 5

Posted March 24, 2006

Posted February 09, 2006

Posted January 19, 2006
Just because this school has state winning sports, does not mean they don't care about the student in academic's. Harrisburg is one of the top schools in the state in their end of the year tests. They also have a lot of students that win state wide essay contests. so this school is a great school for being small.

Posted January 09, 2006
Harrisburg's main focus is indeed on atheletics. Furthermore, unless you are 'from here', you might as well take your chances with a bigger school. You will not fit into their 'athletic circle' and will not be participating. As for academics, I agree with previous reviews in that the students are not prepared for college. There are some good educators in this system but are mainly at the elementary level. In jr. high and high school we have educators in english, history and science who, from our experience, could care less if the kids succeed. As for the music department--just come and listen to our band and compare to bands of similar size, then decide for yourself.

Posted February 11, 2005
- a former student
this school cares only about atheltics and could care less about an education its only worried about being number 1 in basketball every season and the teachers discriminate against the students and fail the ones they dont like.... this school is a bucnh of bologna.

Harrisburg High School 5

Posted March 30, 2004

Harrisburg High School
801 South Harris, Harrisburg, MO  65256
Last modified Harrisburg High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harrisburg High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top