Hazelwood, MO

Posted June 13, 2013
Armstrong Elementary needs some improvement with behavior. My son's teacher was great, but there's a lot of out of control kids (witnessed first hand when I attend parties, field day, etc). I don't like the fact that kids are bussed in. People move to good neighborhoods for a reason, no need to bring the bad neighborhoods to us.

Armstrong Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2012
Armstrong Elementary has gone downhill in the past 5 years. First the school district redid the district lines at that point we then imposed a dress code (I was on the PTA and supported this). Now the school seems to have students bussed in from the faltering city districts and these kids and parents don't care. My daughter spent the first 2 weeks of school learning about how to behave. The school centers around positive behaviour yet I do not see it and I assist in the school quite often. Teachers are often out, the subs do not have any control, and their Check In Check Out is a joke. The kids don't care if they have negative marks and openly defy any adult figure. Drop off in the AM is okay but Pickup in the PM has not worked for years. Any suggestions given to the administration is just passed over. Any 'sensitive' questions asked are not answered or glossed over with the happy stuff. If your child is a bus rider you do not see this. My child hasn't had a field trip in 2 years. Dig deep enough into the district website and you can find out all kinds of information on each of the schools in the district, you just need to know where to look.

Armstrong Elementary School 5

Posted July 25, 2011
The teachers and staff here are great! There are 3 elementary schools located pretty much within a mile from each other, however, I am not sure how well distributed the kids are.

Posted October 05, 2009
Armstrong Elementary has teachers and staff that really cares about their students. All of the resources are there if a student ever needed something extra. The staff really cares.

Posted October 05, 2009
The teachers are awesome and the overall morale is always pleasant.This is my second child going to Armstrong Elementary and I am excited to be back at Armstrong.

Armstrong Elementary School 5

Posted October 04, 2009
We have a wonderful staff, parents and kids! We are one caring community!

Posted February 23, 2005
I have been happy so far with this school. I was torn between private and public school and I chose Armstrong. My daughter has been there for only one year so far, and granted she seems to enjoy it and I have had excellent communication with her teacher. I had mixed feelings about public school, but I do feel that I have made the right decision. With that said, I do think that they should rezone. Armstrong enrolls al lot the children from the outlining areas. The neighborhoods that they enroll the children from are less than desireable.And, yes, everyone deserves a good education but there are 3 schools within a mile of Armstrong that those children should be equally distributed. I feel that because of this factor, Armstrong is not as desired of an elementary school as the others.

Armstrong Elementary School 4

Posted November 02, 2004
Armstrong is a excellent school. I am a parent who went to this school back in the very early 70's when it was new. I am proud of the teachers who are very involved with the kids. They have a strong PTA that has raised a average of $14,000 per year for the last 6 years. This money is used for field trips, improving the library, teachers equipment needs, and other misc things the school may need. The school also has a strong Girl, Boy & Cub Scout program. They have done an excellent job landscaping the front of the school thanks to donations made by the PTA and Kirscher Block and Brick. We also have a terrific band thanks to Mrs Tabaka. Thank You To the teachers I want to say thanks. My kids have and are learning and having fun at the same time.

Posted May 11, 2004
This school has potential but so far isn't reaching it. Communication from teacher/faculty to the parents is not good. It takes days for the counselor to return calls and other resource teachers. This year we were told there was no money for field trips but other elementary schools took several. It seems that the kids may not be as important as I thought. The 'special' teachers, art, music, band, are extraordinary. They really seem to have it together. They have a computer room full of computers, but no one to teach it. The teacher aids they have are put into the kindegarten rooms to help with release. Can't the teacher do that and have the aid help in the computer room.

6255 Howdershell Rd, Hazelwood, MO  63042
Last modified Armstrong Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Armstrong Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top