Posted January 28, 2014
My daughter goes here but takes honors classes. She likes it and has no issues with the school. She loves the drama program. I know many teachers and most care a lot about this school and their students. If you and your child want to succeed, they will. The Missouri Ed Board came out with Hazelwood's district scores for 2012-2013 (based on test scores, grad rates, attendance, college attendance) and it got a score of 85/100. Which I feel is accurate. 4/10 is a very simplistic view of Hazelwood West.

Posted July 22, 2012
As a teacher and as a parent I feel that I have the advantage of seeing both sides. My son tries to tell me the teacher did this or the teacher does not do this--keep in mind that it is his version--not to say he is intentionally lying but rather giving his version. Stay in contact with the teachers, check your student's grades frequently so there are no surprises or so that it's not too late to do something about a poor or unacceptable grade, ask them about school. We/teachers love to hear from parents and we really are there to teach--we want all students to excell in everything that they do--just like you do, too. Parent involvement is crucial--if your child is not doing well contact us please or if there is something that will help us better connect with your child please let us know--do not wait to be contacted we have too many students to track every student personally (though we try!). I like to think that if we teach at a higher level then students will stretch themselves and achieve on a higher level. No school is perfect--you get out of it what you put into it--just like everything else in this world.

Posted May 04, 2012
I am senior at West and a complete product of the Hazelwood School district, as in my entire K-12 education has been at Hazelwood schools. West is one of those schools where one student's educational experience may be completely different from another student's depending on who and what they associate themselves with. West isn't a perfect school by any stretch of the word but then again, what public high school is? I can safely say I am well prepared for starting college this fall and I already have many of my generals done because of West's participation in the SLU 1818 program and AP program. All in all I wouldn't be discouraged sending your child to West, it really is a pretty good school despite it's portrayal in the media.

Hazelwood West High School 3

Posted February 10, 2012
Could be better, but could be worse. I've been a student here for two years now. There are a few teachers who are really bad at their job, but there are a number of exceptional teachers with excellent guidance. Students have a lot of choices as far as courses go. The administration is a bit iffy with the new principal however. The school's activities directors are also very sports-centric and tend to cast aside the fine arts and drama, and don't even give a hoot about the science clubs or robotics team at all. Overall, there's nothing amazing about west, but nothing extremely terrible about it either.

Posted November 16, 2011
This school is awesome and I love the new principal. I am a senior this year and I've went to this school for my of my junior high life except 8th grade I moved, but other than that I've always been good to the teachers and everything

Hazelwood West High School 1

Posted August 22, 2011
Trust me, with your new principal, good luck. You're going to need it. At his last school, the guy disbanded the tardiness policy so that every student could be late for every class everyday without any discipline. His reason? It gave his staff too much work to do, disciplining 12 out of 2000 students for being late to one class. He delayed final exams with one day of classes left because he messed up making the final exam schedule. He had to have a math teacher make up a daily schedule. Students still tell me how many of them aren't even attending Saturday morning detention because they know nothing will ever come from it.

Hazelwood West High School 1

Posted May 31, 2011
My daughter attended a private school and when it no longer became affordable for us we had to place her in Hazelwood West. She was there for approximately 2 weeks and never went back. This school is rediculous!! The teachers are oblivious to the students and what goes on in this school. My daughter did transfer towards the end of her Junior year and she was given no books or any assignments at all. The teachers that she had told her that as long as she passed the end of the year tests she would pass the classes. How in the world is she supposed to pass a test with no books to study from and no knowledge of what the test is going to cover? She also did take the ACT while still attending her private school and scored a 24 her first time. I don't feel she would have done this well if she had been a student at West for her entire HS career. As a result of this rediculous school she is going to take her GED and start community college instead of enjoying her Senior Year! As far as I am concerned this school is a complete waste of time for any student.

Posted September 17, 2010
My child has really been enjoying her experience at Hazelwood West High. The teachers are very involved and concerned with the students' learning environment. The administrators are effective with handling daily issues. The students have a large variety of activities to participate in.

Hazelwood West High School 0

Posted May 09, 2010
I have been going to west for two years i really like it

Hazelwood West High School 3

Posted April 23, 2010

Hazelwood West High School
1 Wildcat Ln, Hazelwood, MO  63042
Last modified Hazelwood West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazelwood West High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews.