Hazelwood, MO

Mcnair Elementary School 4

Posted December 22, 2014
For the most part this school has been AWESOME!!!! My child has been at McNair for 2 years now, starting at Kindergarten, and had experienced some behavioral issues and the teachers worked with us so well. They were open to try anything to help the situation and did a great job on keeping us updated on things that worked and didn't work. I do think that they should invest in extending times to include before and after care. I also think that they should look into having some more recreational activities as well. Overall, I am pleased with my experience with McNair

Posted July 11, 2013
McNair Elementary is a great school, my son finished kindergarten and will be going on to first grade. I found that the faculty and staff care about the students. the PTA is great, and we are looking forward to first grade being as great as kindergarten.

Posted May 26, 2012
This is a very good school. I really appreciate the diversity of the students. Very good experience for both of my children who have attended this school.

Posted May 03, 2012
I have loved everything about this school. As my son moves on to middle school, I will have fond memories of his days at McNair & be grateful for all they have done.

Posted July 25, 2011
Everything is wonderful here. Both McNair and Russel are on the same street (practically, I live on Coachway) which is great also.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are wonderful. They go above and beyond to help your child complete his/her tasks. The entire community is very welcoming and friendly.

Posted August 08, 2009
I love McNair my twins just graduated from Kindergarden their and my oldest son just graduated 5th grade from their, the teachers principals and all the staff are great, there is great communication with all the staff.

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter just graduated Kindergarten. I loved her Teacher! She was great with the kids and though she left for a couple of months due to giving birth... she still kept up with the kids and made sure that they had a great substitute! She learned to read VERY fast and I was surprised how much she has learned. The principal was great this year also. I am very pleased to say that my daughter goes to McNair.

Mcnair Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2009
My child is in grade three and they've just started to learn multiplication and division. The work on cursive handwriting is intermittent and they apparently no longer have to learn state capitals. The homework is busy work, with the student not being challenged. The teacher has obvious issues with controlling the class, with several letters being sent to the parents of the children in the entire class reiterating that she cannot control the class, even with a student teacher. No Child Left Behind punishes bright students for being bright while they wait for the slow ones to catch up, they're bored. We're going to private school next year, just so my child will be challenged and perhaps, learn something.

Posted September 30, 2008
My daughter is doing great at this school and she is learning so much and at a great pace! I am proud to say that she goes to McNair.

Mcnair Elementary School
585 Coachway Ln, Hazelwood, MO  63042
Last modified Mcnair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcnair Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top