Bad
Good

The school overall is okay. There are however huge problems in the special education dept. There is not high quality teachers and the director of special services seems more concerned with budgets than helping the students. Support staff is wonderful and appears to really care about the students. Overall, if you have a child in special ed, I would not reccommend this school.

The School is neither a Bad nor Great there are Problems it focuses more on Sports than Education but on the other hand there are SOME GREAT TEACHERS

Not real thrilled with this school. I don't feel the special ed department has good training and is at a loss of how to teach, discipline, and care for the learning disabled and those with mental illness. Administration seems uninterested in listening to concerns of parents, especially those not born and raised in the area.

Both of my kids graduated from Iberia RV. My daughter just graduated in the Spring, and my son graduated in 2004. My daughter has already left for college, and my son has been working full time since he graduated, and is in a management position at his job. He still plans to attend college at a later time. Iberia is a smaller school, and that allows more attention to each student. Iberia RV ranked very well at the national level on MAP test scores. In fact, it was one of only 17 schools in all of Missouri to even make the list of ranking schools. I don't know what the first submitter was talking about. There aren't a lot of rich kids at Iberia, and the kids don't have to be in sports to be popular either. It's a great school!

It sounds to me like the previous parent that rated our school had a child/children who simply didn't want to fit in. There is a great range of kids that go to our school. My husband and I graduated here and have already had one of our four children to graduate here. I have seen many kids come out of this school with outstanding ACT scores along with many that have moved on to college or the work force becoming very successful people. There are several sports available and a huge amount of clubs and organizations available to the students. I feel the level of parent involvement could definitely be better, but I think that's true in several communites. Our school passed the MAP testing which is more than the majority of the schools in our area can say, including a couple of big schools.

The worst school my children have ever attended. I would not send my child back to this school. If you don't have a lot of money or if your child doesn't play sports you will not fit in at this school.

Last modified Iberia High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.