No rating

St Joseph Catholic School

Private | K-8

Living in Imperial

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $131,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted June 6, 2014

Instead of attacking another parents valid opinion, quite un-Christ like, we wish other parents would instead focus their energy on the facts, problems and issues facing the school. Because we are involved in the curriculum and education of our children, we indeed have a solid understanding of the school's need to improve academics. Additionally, the school needs to be active in Christ's works instead of just the words.

Posted May 16, 2014

As parents, we must also provide a great deal of support to ensure they stay on track. If the previous commenter here is unhappy about his/her children attending St. Pius and it is based upon grades, he/she needs to turn their pointer finger inward toward their children and themselves. Although the current principal at St. Joseph is retiring this year after several years of service, the school board has been very diligent, careful and prayerful in selecting a new one and I am confident that the school will be in good, capable hands. I don't know this because I am on the school board (I am not), but because I choose to be an (continued)

Posted January 13, 2013

We love the parish/church/school! Great network of people. We have had a very positive experience overall.

Posted July 30, 2007

There is now a new principal at st joe's and I hope that she can put and end to the poor ratings of this school. This is a school that deserves a new principal and most of all a new school board!

Posted April 19, 2007

We have had children at St Joe's for nearly 15 years. Overall we have been more than pleased with school and parish. We are looking forward to the changes in administration. We have made the choice to get involved and we feel that our entire family has reaped benefits from our involvement. We don't always agree with decisions made but by and large we have been able to work within the guidelines set. We have chosen a Catholic education for our children because we want our children to be educated with like minded children, to be allowed and encouraged to talk about God, faith, morals and values. The community is supportive and willing to go the extra mile for their children.

Posted April 19, 2007

Our family moverd here over 10 years ago. Upon joining St. Joes, we were pleased with both the school and parish. We came from a catholic school that was much bigger, and had more money. We found that St. Joes was very comparable to our previous school. We are still pleased with St. Joes and believe our children have received an education that is comprable to other area Catholic schools. St. Joes has a great network of parents who are very friendly and welcoming to all. The school does need some faculty changes. But as pointed out to us, there are only so many teachers willing to teach for what a Catholic school can pay! Over all, St. Joes is a good school with even more potential to come!

Posted April 15, 2007

We have felt very welcome at St.Joseph. For the most part everyone has been very friendly and kind. As in any social situation you are going to have exceptions.I do feel there are changes that need to be made concerning some of the discipline policies. It would be great if we get some help in the academic programs to help kids who need a little extra help.

Posted April 10, 2007

I am sorry to see that not everyone's experience has been as favorable as my own. I have found the parish and school community to be very supportive and inviting, but like anything in life you get what you put into it. We have been very involved from the start and have met remarkable people and gotten to know the faculty and staff. What we have found is a caring, loving, and safe place for our kids to learn academically and learn about our Lord. We haven't always agreed with everything, but the positive experiences overwhelming outweigh the negative and the negative ones we have worked with the staff and parental support boards to help change.

Posted April 10, 2007

Score trends do influence curriculum changes such as this year's change in math and are evaluated seriously be the principal, teachers and School Board. Our graduates are consistently accepted into honors classes at top rated high schools. With over 240 families with children at this school, it is impossible to satisfy everyone. It is a wonderful community of caring parents, faculty and staff.

Posted April 5, 2007

We have 3 children at St. Joe's and are in our 6th year there. We are happy with the school in general but are looking forward to a new principal next year to make some changes in staff and policy. Yes there are unhappy families but that can be found at any school. My children attend the Fox summer school program and do very well academically with their peers. The school does an excellent job of weaving our Catholic teachings throughout all lessons which is the main reason we want them in a Catholic school. As for cliques among parents, I don't find that here. You have to make an effort to become involved and meet others as well.

Posted April 5, 2007

I love St. Joseph's school!!! I send my kid's there so that God is apart of there everyday not just at home or at church on Sundays. I am pleased with the curriculum. I think we are aware and match up with our public counterparts. I have looked into it and in many cases we are right with the rest of schools in the surrounding areas. Where I think St. Joseph needs to focus on is including the parents in on policy and asking them what there opinions are. There is a Home and School meeting every Tues. but the only things that can be discussed is the distribution of the money this organization raises. The real underlying issues are avoided and only add to the negativity surrounding our school. Our school needs to focus on a functional resource room rather that keeping up tech wise (ie; smart boards!!!!)

Posted August 28, 2006

We have experienced one year and this school and so far so good. Although my child is well behaved and bright and attentive so I haven't had to run into issues with teachers or the principal. I would like to know more details (not names) but what the situation was for the last parent to give such a poor review. The activities and community in the school and parish are well run, organized and include everyone. Parental involvement is always encouraged. I will judge the academic programs more this year and report back later. So far so good.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of St. Louis

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6024 Old Antonia Road