Posted December 18, 2013
Everyone I deal with at the school is not only helpful but also police and nice, every time. My daughter also attends the after school program at the school - she loves it and it is so convenient. My daughter's teacher is very responsive (and informative) to my frequent requests for updates not only on my daughters academic progress but also social and behavioral progress. And I am never made to feel a bother. My daughter is learning easily and quickly with the schools way of teaching and attention to her. She is also doing well in her progress as a person utilizing the 7 habits on a daily basis. Another important trait I have found helpful with this school is that they accommodate well to children whose parents do not live together, keeping both parents involved in a way that best supports and focuses on the child.

Posted September 20, 2013
We transferred from a Private school. I was very nervous how my kids would be affected by this transfer, and the Staff at this school has been amazing.. We couldn't of asked for a better district. Mrs. Dunn is wonderful principal.. GO BULLDOGS

William Yates Elementary School 3

Posted March 18, 2010
My child who has special needs, attended this school her first year. I was not impressed by the school or its administrative staff. I felt like a second class citizen at this school and I didn't feel like my child was integrated well with the other students. I didn't feel the principal took the time to even try to meet and understand the needs of parents who have special needs kids. She made our family feel like we were not an important part of the school. Plus, when I inquired about before/after school care, I was told it wasn't offered and later found that to be incorrect. The ONLY saving grace for this school was the teacher that my child had that year. It was her first year as a special needs teacher and I thought she did a fabulous job and I am grateful for her!

Posted December 16, 2008

Posted July 23, 2008

Posted August 05, 2004
We moved to this district from raytown and I cant say enough about this school, I was so impressed with the curriculum and the small class settings that allows my daughter to receive and reach her potential. She looks foward to every school day and anticipates the new school year.

Posted July 27, 2004
Fantastic school! The teachers, principal, and staff are a cut above the rest. We have great parent involvement in the classrooms and PTA. It is a very warm and nurturing environment, and I can't imagine having my child anywhere else!

William Yates Elementary School
3600 Davidson Rd, Independence, MO  64055
Last modified William Yates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Yates Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.