Messiah Lutheran School 3

Posted August 08, 2014
My daughter has gone to this school since she was 2. Now she is 11 and she wants to switch schools. Mainly lack of people. She learns a lot and has made good friends, but there was a time when I called the principal about a problem, but he didn't respond. Uniforms and appropriate attire are required. She has always had small class sizes and the teachers would connect with all the students. She has always liked to go to school, but somehow she has learned negative words. I don't know if it was from her friends or from us parents, but I would go and take a look.

Posted April 24, 2014
My daughter has gone to Messiah pre-K-6th grade. She has always had small classroom sizes, teachers which showed a personal interest in her education and development, and a challenging curriculum. She absolutely loves going to school, which is important to me. There are many after school sports available beginning in 4th grade.

Posted April 14, 2014
My daughter has gone to Messiah since she was in their Pre-Kindergarten class, now in 1st grade. We have been so pleased with the teaching staff and the learning curriculum. On top of that they are getting the Christian values taught everyday.

Posted November 19, 2013
With all the media coverage on Common Core, and the state of education (or lack thereof), I just wanted to share what an awesome school Messiah is. I have been sending children there for 16 years, and have 4 1/2 more to go. The teachers truly love and care about my babies, but aren't afraid to keep them in line. When they mess up, as all kids do, they can be corrected and prayed with, and shown the same forgiveness we all are through Christ. They look at each child as an individual and are willing to think outside the box to get them the education they need to be successful in high school. They understand that not everyone reaches the endpoint in the same manner and doing it differently isn't necessarily wrong. Quality education with caring staff. If you are looking for an option outside of public school I encourage you to call the school and arrange a tour!

Posted November 19, 2013
I have had children at Messiah for 14 years. I currently have an 8th grader, 4th grader, 2nd grader and a preschool student. This is a school that the teachers really care. Anytime there is an issue, you get a phone call or letter. Cirriculum has helped my older 2 children take far advanced classes in public high school then their peers. This is a school that you get to know the parents and provides a community. The teachers go out of their way to provide individual attention when needed. I highly recommend to anyone.

Posted August 23, 2013
I would recommend Messiah to anyone. I love the relationship that the staff and teachers have with parents. It is a loving family atmosphere. The children's growth and education are of utmost importance. The principal and staff truely want the very best for each and every student and the love of Christ is in full effect. Great job Messiah

Posted August 09, 2013
Messiah is amazing! The teachers control bullying and teach great manners, I have looked at other options but keep coming back to Messiah. I know it's right for my child.

Posted May 09, 2013
I went to Messiah from Kindergarten through 8th grade and I learned alot. I was always challenged and the teachers are great. The principal is really nice and Pastor Patschke is AMAZING!!!

Posted February 25, 2011
Messiah Lutheran is an outstanding Christian grade school located just south of the Independence Square in Independence, Missouri. Messiah Lutheran is set apart by their wonderful faculty. All of the teachers are highly trained and most have been at Messiah for a long time. Above and beyond their nurture, love, and care for the students, Messiah Lutheran has a very stable learning environment. The school excels in academics and music programs. Additionally, Messiah offers full participation sports and competes in the Kansas City Lutheran league. Messiah's Principal is Ann Arndt. She is active in the classroom and also serves as the Band Director. If your interested in a Christian grade school, I would recommend you contact Mrs. Arndt.

Messiah Lutheran School
613 S Main St, Independence, MO  64050
Last modified Messiah Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Messiah Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.