Independence, MO

Posted July 25, 2008

Posted May 15, 2008

Fort Osage High School 4

Posted January 18, 2008
We moved here over 9 years ago after research of the schools on the MO side. I compared to the Shawnee Mission School District in KS. Although, MO didn't meet the 'scores' of KS; F.O. district beat out the Independence and Blue Springs districts at the time. and I believe that F.O. continues to grow and excel in their efforts to teach our children!

Fort Osage High School 1

Posted November 29, 2007
I was very disappointed with F.O.'s high school. My kids have been students in this district since kindergarten, but once my oldest made it into high school, we finally decided we needed to move on! The teachers seem to get as wound up in the drama as the students. I won't miss this school at all - I'm glad I am finished with it!

Posted September 26, 2007

Posted September 26, 2007

Fort Osage High School 4

Posted February 25, 2006
Fort Osage is an especially good school considering the location. As a former student, I can tell you that you won't find better teachers or counselors anywhere. The teachers/counselors have a great volunteer program in which the students can come to them in times of need. The student body is a good size, although getting bigger every year. It's one of those schools where all the students are acquainted. Average teacher-student ratio...smaller classes would probably be helpful, but that would require more funding than the district has available. Great extracurriculars, including football, cheerleading, drama, choir (check out 'Touch of Class'), an award-winning band, and several other clubs and sports. Lots of great opportunities, especially with the Vocational-Technical school next door. There are some issues with favoritism, but all-in-all Fort is a very supportive environment for your kids. The recent construction/remodeling looks sharp, too!

Fort Osage High School 3

Posted April 05, 2005

Fort Osage High School
2101 North Twyman Rd, Independence, MO  64058
Last modified Fort Osage High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Osage High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top