Bad
Good

Always liked this school before, as excited my son would soon be attending here. Today I am considering selling selling my house and moving. I don't think I should being paying taxes for this school so they can determine who can use crosswalk (preschoolers and family only).I think all parents who want to walk their child to the door should be aloud that opportunity.

Great staff at this school they really care for the kids and family's at their school

THB is a wonderful educational community for any youth to get a head start over peers from other schools within the district. Ample opportunities for parent involvement, great leadership, friendly and helpful staff. School is located conveniently next door to the Boys & Girls Club. The teachers and staff here take the time to speak with you, listen to your concerns and suggestions. They were sympathetic and understanding towards a particular incident that affected our family unit; they took time to get to know us more and offered kind words and support to my child's education that was not asked for, however much needed. 1st child attended here from 3rd - 5th grade; with an awesome experience! He transferred from another school within district - very happy that we moved so that he could be in the best learning environment offered. 2nd child will attend K - 5th here as well.

My son is going on his third year at Thomas Heart Benton. I feel as if he is not being challenged enough. He is at the top of his class and make 100% on his work. His teacher is great but I feel the curriculum is not pushing the children to learn but to pass them to the next grade. Not to mention they have an over sized closet to put out of control kids in. What ever happened to the safe room not a "so to speak padded room".

I have two children that go to Benton School. They have been going for two years now. One is in the 5th grade and the other one is in the 1st grade. We all love this school. The teachers are wonderful and my children always learns something new and interesting that they tell me that they learned for the day. thank you Thomas Hart Benton for a positive and wonderful experience that my children and I have. Thank you so much Kathy McLellan

My daughter is a first grader this year she went to Glendale last year. And she loved it. she excelled so much more at Glendale. The only this positive about this school is her teacher. I'm doing everything I can to get her out of that school as soon as possible. Having young kids go to school at high school hours is ridiculous. I can see how a school can tell a parent that they must put there young child on medication or they wont let them return. If a student needs extra help to contraction then it your job as a teach to give that child extra help.

My children have attended THB for the last 5 years my oldest is in 4th grade now.They have loved every teacher they have had and have had a wonderful learning exsperience to date. I like working with the teachers to insure my children are getting a well rounded education between school and home .I am on the PTA Board and have enjoyed making THB a great place to learn. Heather Aiaga

I have 3 children that go to thb and they just all love it there. We are from a small town down south the school's down there have nothing on thb. My oldest daughter is in 3rd grade and haveing difficulty reading but with the teachers and how they have been helping her she has improved so much since the frist of the year. My other daughter is in kindergarten and just loves school because of the teachers. And my son is in early childhood and can't wait to go to school. Two big thumbs up to all the teachers and staff at thb....

My oldest went here for kindergarten. The principal, Dr. Mallams, was wonderful. He always greeted the parents and the children in the morning and afternoons. He always interacted with the children. This is the prinicpal any parent would love to have for their kids. The teachers were all very kind and respectful. They seem to really care about the children that attend there.

I've had two children attend this school for the last 3 years. We've become so attached to the school and the teachers we've had. They've taken a genuine and personal interest in my children. This is the best grade school experience we've ever had with any of my kids. We're moving this year and going to another grade school with a wonderful reputation, but it's hard to imagine filling the soft spot of admiration we have for these teacher and this school. They've taken outstanding care of my children and we're all the better for the time we spent there. Dr. Mallam's, principal, can be found at recess playing with the children, in the classroom's interacting with the kids, and dressing up for speical occassions. He has truly set up a positive environment for learning. Thank you!

Last modified Thomas Hart Benton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.