Independence, MO

Posted March 24, 2015
The principal and teachers are amazing. Always there to help the students and parents succeed

Blackburn Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2014
The teacher to student ratio is incorrect. I have one child in first grade 1:27 ratio and my other child is in 3rd grade 1:26 ratio. This year we have a new principal as well as curriculum changes. If I were asked a year ago I would have rated the school a 10 this year a 3 at best. In fact, I'm currently looking to buy a house somewhere else so my children no longer have to attend this school.

Posted September 26, 2013
I have two daughters to go to Blackburn. Ones in first grade ones in 5th grade. Blackburn Elementary is top notch from the faculty to the teacher principal everybody is great.. would not have my kids in any other elementary school.

Blackburn Elementary School 4

Posted July 10, 2013
My daughter started going here 2 months into Kindergarten and is about to start 2nd grade there. I have yet to find anything to seriously complain about. I have loved all her teachers, including summer school. They seem to really try to make each kid feel individual. We are moving after school starts this year and I'm trying very hard to stay in this school!

Posted January 21, 2011
I love the communication folders that the kids bring home! But I found out Dr. Hunt Retired and was replaced by Laura LaCroix...

Blackburn Elementary School 4

Posted July 20, 2009

Blackburn Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2009
We came from the Blue Springs district and have found Blackburn to be a great fit for our family. Dr. Hunt is amazing in the fact that he knows pretty much every students name in the school. I was shocked :) The teachers are also great and easy to work with.

Posted September 29, 2008

Posted March 04, 2008

Posted December 11, 2007

Blackburn Elementary School
17302 East R D Mize Rd, Independence, MO  64057
Last modified Blackburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blackburn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top