Posted January 19, 2014
Glendale has the best Secretary, Principal and teacher involvement. The staff at Glendale really cares about the children and they know every parent and every student by name. They will go above and beyond to ensure that the parents and students are satisfied. Any time there has been an issue Dr.Siebert has gone above and beyond to resolve the issue and make my child as comfortable as possible. There have been some teachers that do not understand my child and fight with him and just understand him, but they work well with me to figure out strategies and how to help. He is reading at a 6th grade level in 3rd grade and loves his school. He would not do this well elsewhere I am sure of it. Great school, Great staff, and Great kids. It is like a family that my son has while at school and what parent wouldn't want a family away from a family while their kiddo is in school?

Glendale Elementary School 3

Posted December 02, 2013
The staff and faculty are amazing! They truly care about my children. I feel like my voice is heard and respected. However, parental involvement is SEVERELY lacking, not from the school and PTA not trying. I feel that many of the children attending do not have the support needed, from home, to succeed. Glendale does everything they can to help this, but I feel that this causes the kids that are ready for more, to be held back.

Posted February 27, 2009
Glendale is an awesome school. My daughter has gone from kindergarten, reading basic books on a kindergarten level, to now in first grade reading at a 3rd grade level. Teacher is very good at providing feedback and helping her develop the skills she lacks.

Posted February 23, 2009
I would give this school a 4 rating. My son started his Kindegarten year in another school district but came to Glendale after christmas break. My son's kindegarten teacher is awesome. I can tell she really loves to teach children. My son is alittle behind in what he should know in order to move on to 1st grade. My experience with his kindegarten teacher has been great with keeping me informed on what he should know to get him caught up. I truly wished ahead of time I was informed of what they expected Kindegarten kids to know expecially when you are a transfer student. That has been my only problem. I believe glendale is a scholastic school thats why we moved him to this location.

Posted June 23, 2008
My son started his Kindergarden year in another district but came to Glendale shortly after; that is when our problems began. I have heard that every child has one teacher that they do not mesh with and I hope his was this one. If I could move him to another school I would, it seems the kids are expected to be more like robots then kids. Their lunch time is unrealistic, I ate lunch with my son and did not have time to finish my meal, no wonder he always brings food home! I can say that their Kids Safari program is awesome, yes it is in the basement but my son loved it and hated when I picked him up early. We are going into first grade and I hope that we have a much better year!

Glendale Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2008

Posted September 12, 2007
Glendale is a wonderful school. I have a boy in 3rd grade and a girl in kindergarten. The school has a small town feel (very friendly). I once told my son we might move and he became very upset. He told me he loved his school and couldn't go anywhere else! He began to read in Kindergarten and can do math in his head (no calculator). As a parent, you've got to love that! The parents at this school seem to be very active. The teachers are very caring and get right back to you when you e-mail them a question. I couldn't be more pleased.

Glendale Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2007
Glendale is a good school. Not a great one.. As parents we would like to see our child be able to spend more time eating lunch instead of having to hurry and eat quickly. 20 mins is not enough time for our kids. I suggest 30 mins like most schools. All children need some play time even if it is a short time.. I want my child to wake up in the morning and be happy its P.E Day or just happy to go to school. And not hear them say sadley they have P.E today or they have Racewalk today. Teachers are ok.. Some seem to be there only for a job as others are nicer and more caring.

Posted September 24, 2006

Glendale Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2005

Glendale Elementary School
2611 South Lee's Summit Rd, Independence, MO  64055
Last modified Glendale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glendale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top