Posted July 16, 2013
My daughters attended this school for almost a year I got them out of that school as soon as possible! It was a horrible experience. The teachers refused to communicate with the parents, they even refused to send home work that had been done in class. My oldest had the highest test scores in the district for her grade in MAP testing when she started at this school, by the end of the year she was far below where she had started. The teachers were HORRIBLE. I understood why after meeting the Vice-principle and Principle they had to be the worst educator I have ever seen. The vp was just hostile to students and the principle refused to do her job or address any issues. Worst school ever!

Posted July 16, 2013
There is a reason the test scores are low at this school its the teacher and the principle. The woman who said this school is like a family has no idea what she is talking about. The teachers don't communicate with the families. They don't send home completed work. They don't send home homework. And the principle is a mess.

Posted October 17, 2012
My daughter is a first grader this year she went to Glendale last year. And she loved it. she excelled so much more at Glendale. The only this positive about this school is her teacher. I'm doing everything I can to get her out of that school as soon as possible.

Posted May 04, 2010
I have 5 children ages 20,18,17,13, and 4 years old. Well needless to say my youngest child is just now starting the elementary years as my oldest children have entered and some even finished their high school years. My little one has already completed a year of Early education at Mill Creek and had a great time. The teachers, the staff, the principal, everyone all helped her feel so welcome from the 1st days of school. The school is more like a family. Everyone helps eachother. Even the parents are involved in volunteering many hours,and helping in anyway possible. Well my youngest now is entering kindergarten is getting ready to enter a new phase in her life and I am so glad it is at Mill Creek Elementary School. The home of the Mustangs.

Posted April 02, 2009

Posted April 01, 2008
I have 3 children who currently attend Mill Creek and they truly enjoy being there. I have great relationships with their teachers, who constantly keep me informed with their daily progress. I love how they are in an environment where they are happy to be in, while at the same time, learning. I, myself, hated my elementary schools!

Posted May 25, 2007
Mill Creek is filled with teachers who truly care about kids and go above and beyond to do what is best for students. For some kids, this school is one of the only places they have to feel safe and loved. Mill Creek teachers and staff maintain high expectations while providing all the support necessary to meet those. My children love everything about going to this school.

Posted February 14, 2007
Mill Creek Elementary has been a blessing to our family. We prefer to take as much responsibility for our children's education as we can, but can't homeschool just yet. The first day I walked into the building I felt a feeling of warmth, safety, and security. The staff still respects the role of parents. They are friendly, helpful, and flexible when possible. Parent involvement is phenomenal and we love the small size of the school. Three of our children are enrolled with a fourth coming up this year. We love Mill Creek and hope to stay within it's boundaries as long as our kids are in elementary grades. The curriculum is challenging without being too difficult. Teachers expect the best from all the students, and usually get it! Great security measures keep the children safe. My kids love it there and feel the only thing better would be homeschooling!

Posted September 22, 2005

Mill Creek Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2004
This Pricipal has problems with multiple parents in the area of student education and dicipline.

Mill Creek Elementary School
2601 North Liberty St, Independence, MO  64050
Last modified Mill Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mill Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top