Bad
Good

Great school. Great teachers. Great staff. The teachers do great with kids who have special needs.

I love this school. My daughter has attended since kindergarten, and is currently in the third grade. She is a car rider, and we are greeted every morning by the principal with a friendly smile on his face. My daughter has experienced zero bullying. She has been excelling in school and meeting her AR goals. As a whole I have found the teachers and children within the Independence, MO school district to be kind. We were renting our home, and actually just bought our first house within the boundaries for this elementary school so that our almost four year old can attend this school as well. My daughter's favorite subject is art. The art teacher picked up on this and has gone out of her way to enter some of my daughter's work in competitions.

My daughter has attended Santa Fe since kindergarden, four years. As a parent I have had great experiences with the staff, parents and students; my daughter loves her teachers and peers. I have enjoyed volunteering at Santa Fe over the years, working side by side with everyone has given me firsthand insight on how much the staff and faculty care about the kids. I have enjoyed my interactions with the new principal this year and look forward to my other children joining him and the rest of the Santa Fe family in the coming years.

I find the school principal as a complete joke. He is very ignorant and does not want to pay attention to parent concerns. I honestly hope he does not come back next school year.

The principal is great, she makes a conscience effort to get to know each student and their families. The teachers have all been wonderful with each of my kids and are very available to the parents. The school offers many extra curricular activities as well as opportunities for families to be involved in the education of their students.

Last modified Santa Fe Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.