Orchard Drive Elementary School 5

Posted May 07, 2014
My 2 children attend Orchard Drive elementary in Jackson. Orchard is K- 3. I currently have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader, both of whom have went here for their entire education. They do a fantastic job! My oldest excels, my youngest is struggling a little but its not because of the school. They have put her in speech, remedial reading, and tutoring to try to help her. We work with her at home as well. She just has a harder time than most kids. The teachers are great, they send home extra things they believe should help, and they are always friendly. My kids have never come home complaining about their teachers. They take a beginning of the year and end of the year field trip each year. They have a father daughter dance every year and a mother son fun night. They welcome volunteer parents to come and help their child's class. They also have 2 lunch bunch gatherings a year where kids have guests for lunch. The PTO raised money for an out door class room a few years ago. They offer a summer school program every year. They also offer after school kids club for children who need after school care. All in all my experience with Orchard has been great!

Orchard Drive Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2014
My son attended Orchard and now my daughter is in her second year there. We really like the Jackson school district. Both my children do very well in school and I think it would be easy for them to get bored. All the teachers that we have had, have done a great job keeping their brains occupied. I personally know many of the teachers at Orchard and I am happy to say that I believe they do a great job. Most seam to enjoy teaching despite all the politics of being a teacher these days. I always think there are room for improvements, but have been very pleased with our public school system. In recent years, there has been a great improvement in PTO, as well.

Orchard Drive Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2013
My daughter went here for Kindergarten. Never again. Things were so bad that she refused to even get up out of bed in the mornings, ended up having to drive her to school. Bullying problems were not attended to, nor other problems.

Orchard Drive Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2010

Orchard Drive Elementary School 3

Posted October 22, 2009

Orchard Drive Elementary School 5

Posted September 03, 2008

Orchard Drive Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2007
I have a lot of feelings on this school. We had a major problem with my daughters teacher this year, and it took most of the year to resolve. Academically I think the school does very well. They don't seem to go out of their way to have a lot of extra parent-child activities throughout the year, or even field trips. I really think of the school being more about community politics, and not focused as much on the children.

Orchard Drive Elementary School
1402 Orchard Dr, Jackson, MO  63755
Last modified Orchard Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Drive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top