9-12|Private

Bad
Good

First off, I want to say that Calvary is a great school and my experience there was nothing short of amazing. There is no doubt in my mind that Calvary was the right choice of a high school for me. With that being said, I will say that I did not always agree with the teachers or administration on everything at that time. Looking back on it now, I realize that there was a reason behind what they were doing at the time that did not always make sense then. One example of this took place in the World Religions class. This is a class that teaches different religions and goes in depth about what the people of that religion believe and how they practice their religion. The unit on the Muslim religion is the one that had me and many of my classmates wondering and questioning what the class was all about. In this unit we were asked to pray in the fashion that Muslims do. In no way were we asked to say any Muslim prayers or confess any Muslim ideologies. While prostrated, we were asked to say The Lord's Prayer. At that time, I thought that this was a silly thing to be doing for class and often voiced my displeasure. Looking back on that experience today, I now know why that practice was included in the unit. It gave us an insight into how the Muslim people pray and how systematic their religion and prayer schedule is. When I was in this class, it was probably my least favorite on my schedule. Today, I can say that the World Religions class is the one class from Calvary that I refer back to more than any other. When having a conversation with someone or just listening to a couple people talk about other religions, especially Islam, I know what the religion is all about and can have an intelligent conversation. More than any other class that I took while at Calvary, this is the one that sticks with me the most today in my everyday life. At Calvary, being a private school, everyone else is like you, sharing the same general religious beliefs. When you get out to the real world, there are so many different kinds of people. World Religions helped me to prepare for those people and their beliefs that differ from mine. Overall, I would highly recommend Calvary for the choice of a high school. It is an incredible school that does an excellent job of getting you ready for what awaits after high school no matter what that might be. I owe my time at Calvary for where I am today.

I went to Calvary Lutheran high school in Jefferson Coty Missouri and had a TERIBLE experience. Majority of the parents agree that the principle and English teacher is bullies to the students. The English teacher introduces books with 50-60 curse words in it. I transferred out 3/4 into the school year due to lies from administration and lies from teachers. I only had good experiences with three teachers. The main reason why I transferred out was due to the world religion class I was in. They made us worship in an Islamic manner facing Mecca in a prostrate position. We were told of we didn't do this three times a day for a week then we would fail the assignment. We had a terrible experience at this school.

I am a junior at Calvary and have attended it my entire high school career. Calvary is like a home to me. The teachers are caring, the principal is helpful, and the other students are great people. I choose Calvary over the public school and the Catholic school because of its size and atmosphere. Calvary offers opportunities I would not have at any other school in Jefferson City.

Last modified Calvary Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12