Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The staff is not in charge & are blissfully unaware of the unsafe environment at this school. We left JC because of L&C. My son was physically & emotionally abused by other students. We tried working with the administration to resolve the issues & nothing was ever done. It's a joke. Our child was not experiencing normal growing pains of childhood. He was so distraught that he considered suicide! He became physically ill & we have since relocated. I would not send my dog to this school!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

We have relocated our 13 year old son due to this school. He did not feel safe, he would come home with signs taped to his back, he was relentlessly both physically & emotionally assaulted by other students. The staff did nothing. The teachers would spend class time trying to keep control of the students instead of being able to teach. My son carried at least a 3.7 at all times at this Zoo. It is a Zoo & not a school. The fact that my son was able to carry such a high GPA (before we moved to Jeff, he carried a 4.0 @ a very respected & both highly ranked/rated school also in MO) is due to his dedication & does not reflect the environment he was in. Also, for 2 years I felt like I had lost my happy, secure, outgoing & adventurous young man that I had always known. He was contemplating suicide & had me look into homeschool before we decided to move. Suicide! Depression!! He would get physically ill at the very mention of going back to that Zoo. No words can describe how devastating & frustrating it is to send your child to an unsafe environment every single day. The gross negligence by the administration is appalling. We went thru the steps & jumped thru the hoops to work with them on bettering this situation. What we came away with was this, "Your son isn't the only one being bullied by these kids. We have separated them from your son & they don't have the same classes with him anymore." So, they are still allowed to do whatever they want at lunch, the hallway or outside waiting in line to be picked up?! The parents of these kids were never notified! No one was ever called down to the office! Nothing was done! It's a joke. My son will never forget his time at that place. I would not recommend that Zoo or District to Anyone! How many more children need to commit suicide in that District before they will wake up?! Listen to your kids if they say it's a bad place-they are not lying!!! It's probably worse than you can imagine! Happy to say that slowly, I am getting my son "back" & he is thriving in his new, actual School. They believe in consequences for your actions & students don't run the show....the administration does. There's a sense of Community that Lewis & Clark does not offer. It's heartbreaking to think that other kids are going thru this same thing! Something should be done! Former L&C parent

The son has been bullied everyday this school year with nothing done by the school! The teachers don't help! Lessons are taught once and if a student doesnt understand, too bad! Blazer Court is a JOKE!! Go eat yummy snacks and nothing changes but no action taken is a waste of time! This school id basically a joke but spoken of so well by the staff.....job security can make anybody tell stories!!

This is year is my 3rd year at Lewis and Clark. The first two years were very stressful, because of teachers who obviously didn't like their job... Most of them were just as ready to get out of school as us students. But the good ones were excited about being able to meet students and teach them new things. 8th grade is the best grade so far. The teachers recognize every individual as family and are happy and optimistic teachers. You also get a lot more freedom in 8th grade. It's getting better though...

It was okay. I expected a lot better...I was bullied there a lot and the teachers or principals did nothing about it even when we had to sign a no bullying policy. :(

I love that our PTO does so much for our kids!

Lewis and Clark Middle School is a wonderful middle school in Missouri's state capital that expects all students to achieve to become lifelong learners.

Lewis and Clark Middle School staff cares about the students and everyone works to help them achieve their best.

Last modified Lewis And Clark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.