Posted October 30, 2013
My school is Eastmorland Elementary...We love our school! GREAT STAFF and environment! There is a lot of involvement from each outlet which gives a good balance to the school and the childrens learning! :)

Posted October 29, 2013
My children have attended Eastmorland for a number of years, and I've seen many changes in teachers, principals, and building improvements. Each and every teacher my children have had were fabulous. The current principal is friendly, professional, and quite frankly, does her job well. True, if your child is late often, you will be reported for truancy court, but that's the district's policy. Get yourself together and leave the house a couple minutes early, and you'll have no problem. If a meeting is needed with a teacher or principal, they're always scheduled quickly. Phone calls and emails are returned promptly, as well. COURTESY and RESPECT, both things that are taught, valued, and encouraged at Eastmorland, go a long ways in how people will be treated. I'm glad that my children have learned these lifeskills from the wonderful staff at Eastmorland, because, obviously, some people are lacking them.

Posted October 26, 2013
Eastmorland is a wonderful school! It is a friendly, non threatening environment! The principal is courteous and professional. She goes above and beyond making sure things run smoothly, always putting children first! The teachers and staff are caring, and work hard to meet the needs of the students! We LOVE the fun activities, events, and parent nights at Eastmorland! There is always something to look forward to! Our daughter is excited to go to school each day! She is learning so much! My son will be attending Eastmorland next school year, and eagerly looks forward to being there every day! My husband and I feel very fortunate to be able to send our children to this great school!

Eastmorland Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2013
Eastmorlan elementary is one of the worst schools to send your children. The Principal is so unprofessional and won't take any parents phone calls. If you do happen to get her on the phone, she will either hang up on you or report your personal conversation with her(parent/principal conversation) to a juvenile officer. Then the Deputy juvenile officer will contact you and threaten to take your child away! I have never been treated so poorly in my life. I am counting on this school to care for my child for the 7 hrs he is there. Teachers allow bullying to go on, and if a child tries to tell a teacher, the teachers get annoyed and tell them to "stop tattling." Also Parents! if your child is a minute late 5 times, you are reported to jasper county juvenile office. The school will not call and talk to you about anything, They won't agree to sit down meetings, they treat parents and children horrible. If you love your child, don't allow them to go to this school. I ended up taking my child out in the first grade and transferring him to another school.

Posted August 21, 2013
Eastmorland is a amazing school! I am a former Eastmorland student (now a senior in high school) and I am so happy that i had the chance to go to Eastmorland. I went there from K-5th grade. the teachers are super friendly and i always go visit when i can and i have a great relationship with some of my past teachers! i love this school!

Posted July 17, 2011
I love this school! My family and I were recently injured in a tornado. The staff at the school visited my daughter in the hospital everyday for over 2 weeks! Their support is amazing!

Posted July 16, 2010
The teachers really care about the kids at this school. The building and grounds are really nice and clean and the classrooms are bright and cheery. The kids move on to middle school ahead of the game academically.

Eastmorland Elementary School 0

Posted December 13, 2008
My daughter is in 2nd grade and new to this school this year. She attended another Joplin school the past two years that I thought was the best, now that she is here I can't believe all the things we were missing. I love this school and hope to never have to move her. The staff are excepitional!! Mrs. Orem is unlike any other principal, I love seeing her at the crosswalk!! Mrs. Horn is one of the 2nd grade teachers (my daughters!!) and she is awsome, has great communication, and eased my daughter in with open arms, when she was so scared of switching schools. The secertary is always helpful and in a great mood!! I probley could go on and on, but to the point This is a great school with great expectations!!!!

Eastmorland Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2008

Eastmorland Elementary School 0

Posted September 28, 2007
I am so happy we moved into Eastmorland's district when we came to Joplin. I am originally from Neosho, but did not want my kids to go to school there. I tried living in Diamond because I had heard how wonderful the school is there. Well, I can tell you that I have been more impressed with Eastmorland than Diamond by far! To this day I don't even know what the principal looks like at Diamond. Mrs. Orem, the principal at Eastmorland stands out front and talks to parents and students every morning and afternoon. My daughter is in first grade this year and she has 2 sisters who will be following her to school in a couple of years. I plan to stay right where I'm at and give all my kids the great opportunity to go to Eastmorland.

Eastmorland Elementary School
1131 Highview, Joplin, MO  64802
Last modified Eastmorland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastmorland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top