Posted August 03, 2013
South middle is one of the best schools i have ever been to my teachers helped get my reading level up to where it should be and helped me get the best grades possible and if anyone was caught skipping they would be sent to ISS or OSS they had the people in the office find the kids that skip so teachers would not have to leave the class i very sad i had to move South middle was the best school i have ever been to.

Posted April 29, 2012
I am a student as SMS and Dr. Gilbreth (principal) is amazing. He makes learning fun, and is a great leader. The teachers challenge us, but make it fun. I want to go to school in the mornings. SMS is a great school

South Middle School 1

Posted February 24, 2009
I highly disagree with anyone who say joplin middle schools North, South or Memorial are good schools. I agree that the middle schools have problems but it is more than that. The staff and faculty will do anything to keep the kids happy. They will let them walk around school doing nothing, skiping class. I am a student that has recently moved here and what i see is disrespect towards teacher, staff and their peers.My locker has already been broke into had things stolen. I would never recomand this school to anyone. You would better off in another district.

South Middle School 0

Posted January 13, 2009
It has the normal problems but for the most part it is a good school.

Posted May 14, 2008

Posted November 09, 2005

South Middle School
900 East 50th St, Joplin, MO  64802
Last modified South Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top