Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted April 27, 2016
This has been a great school for my child! After being in 2 other elementry schools in the district I feel like my child is making great progress. The teachers are very helpful and make sure I know what's going on. They also have lots of resources for the parents to help better your child's learning.

Posted February 25, 2016
Too much emphasis is put on attendance. Even though absence each time are documented by a physician or my child stays home due to current school policy that states if your child has a fever, they need to stay home, the parents are punished and threatened even by enforcing rsmo 160.261, 167.031 on the parents for fines and jail time. My child will attend a new school next year. The hopes are, more emphasis will be given on how above grade level academically my child is, and not continually threaten us by documented absence or by abiding by the school policy of staying home if fever. My child has maintained 100% all year around. Now if absence should be enforced as a crime due to common illnesses that all children face, I would think grades would be suffering. In this case, they most definitely are not. Very disappointing because my child loves school there.

Posted January 27, 2015
I love Crestview Elementary! As a divorced parent I can appreciate the extra steps that Crestview takes to save me time and money. For example, the organization Miles of Smiles visits the school, so students can received dental care usually at no cost to the family. My son had all his dental work completed while I was at work. The school opens at 815 instead of 825 like other schools in area which can make the difference between paying for before care services. There is also a city bus stop in front of the school for parents that use public transportation. But the greatest thing about Crestview Elementary are the front office staff they really looked out for my family since we relocated to Kansas City last year. They sent information home to help us become familiar with North Kansas City, introduced us to the community and addressed all my concerns as they arose. Crestview's has A+ customer service and has been a blessing to me and my family. Best elementary school in the Northland, hands down.

Crestview Elementary School 4

Posted November 07, 2013
Crestview is a terrific school. My son is in 2nd grade and loves it there. The ethnic diversity is huge for us so he's exposed to different cultures from an early age. The leadership is exceptional, Mr. Wallace is a gift, and each one of my son's teachers has been creative, forward thinking and enthusiastic about teaching.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son really likes the school. Does seem to be a large student teacher ratio. My son is dyslexic and there was some resistance on getting him tested. We went to childrens mercy to have it done. The teachers for the most part seem to care about the kids. Overall I think its a pretty decent school.

Posted January 10, 2012
Crestview is over crowded and has a mainstream test oriented teaching style. My children are constantly falling under stereo types and being neglected but I chop it up to being 80 to 100 kids over the limit. I wouldn't find this frustrating if other schools in the North KC school district weren't below attendance levels such as lakewood and davidson. Needless to say our kids will be in private school next year.

Posted January 06, 2008
My daughter is in the gifted program and still finds her regular classroom activities challenging at times. The staff is always willing to lend a extra hand and seems to be very on top of it. One of the best schools for diversity as well. Love it!

Crestview Elementary School
4327 North Holmes, Kansas City, MO  64116
Last modified Crestview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.