Posted May 28, 2014
We are BEYOND impressed with Mrs. Lakin, the Principal, her staff and Mrs. Messersmith. We have had several bad experiences with schools prior and were SO encouraged with this school's administration, attentiveness/responsiveness with any issue and the general feeling they would do anything to help a child succeed. The teaching/facilitation of Mrs. Messersmith was PHENOMINAL. Advanced curriculum kept us learning at an amazing rate. We feel very ready for next level ...and a good break in between! Really changed my perception of public schooling, but still desire a faith-based optional component/moral basis to help develop more empathy, accountability and love for others.

Posted March 27, 2014
THIS SCHOOL HAS SOME OF THE BEST TEACHERS, WE LIKE THAT THIS SCHOOL IS FOR KINDERGARTEN THRU 1ST GRADE ONLY. AS PARENTS WE SEE THAT KIDS ARE DOING REALLY GOOD PROGRESS ON READING. "BUZZ BE A READER" PROGRAM IS ENCOURAGING PARENTS TO READ MORE TO THEIR CHILDREN.

Posted March 05, 2014
Mrs. Duncan is terrific. Principal is very good. Adventure Club is very good. Parents are the weakest part of the school.

Posted April 10, 2012
This is a great elementary. I love that it is only K-1st. The principal is wonderful and is really envolved. The teachers are genuine, fun, and keep an open communication with parents. This school has helped my son reach his highest potential and he is now in SAGE. Great district, great school!

Gashland Elementary School 3

Posted July 30, 2010
I am on the fence about this school. I have had some great interactions and not so great as well. Since parent/principal/teacher interactions are minimal, I would think that the teachers and principal would be on their best behaviors but I guess some just do not care.

Posted May 19, 2007
The academics at Gashland is excellent and my kids love the teachers and principal. Very caring staff and great at encouraging kids to learn. Parent-child studies keep parent involved in child's learning. Definitely a hidden treasure!

Gashland Elementary School
500 NE 83rd St, Kansas City, MO  64118
Last modified Gashland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-1
Gashland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top