Posted December 17, 2014
Horrible people as I just read about the young blind boys cane being taken away and replaced with pool noodle toy. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Schools have to much power these days and can and are very cruel.
2 people found this helpful

Nice job breaking federal law in front of the kids. ADA LAWS ARE NO A JOKE

Posted December 17, 2014
Don't send your disabled children (or any children) to this school! They humiliated that poor 8 year old blind boy, and made him carry a POOL NOODLE instead of a real cane!

Posted September 25, 2014
Amazing school filled with caring, time devoting teachers & principle. Also amazing IEP program for children who are struggling and need 1 on 1 teaching. Could not imagine what I would do without them.

Posted March 23, 2014
I think that Gracemor is a fantastic school. I have a 2nd grader and she do very well. The ladies in the office to the teachers to the lunch ladies are always genuinely friendly and know and love the students.It's very disappointing that some other people have had such terrible experiences that they gave the school a bad rating and terrible review. I've never had anything to complain about. Fantastic school and fantastic teachers and staff!!!! and Just remember parents is not just the teachers is our jobs too. to help our Kids to be better at school

Gracemor Elementary School 2

Posted February 03, 2014
My child went to Kindergarten here before we moved to another school. His teacher was brand new straight out of college and the class size was large with at least 25 students probably more. The classroom felt crowded - too small a space for all of their centers. I was most disappointed with how discipline was handled. I remember one instance in particular where due to my son breaking a rule or misbehaving in some fashion (can't remember particular) he lost center time for a week. A 5 year old does NOT remember 5 days later why they are being punished! Excessive.

Posted September 01, 2011
I think that Gracemor is a fantastic elementary school. I have a 3rd and 1st grader and they both do very well. I've always thought the teachers were fantastic and my kids have loved each teacher they've had. Everyone, from the ladies in the office to the teachers to the lunch ladies are always genuinely friendly and know and love the students. It makes me feel good when I'm in the school with one of my kids and one of the teachers from a different grade that didn't even have my child in their class calls them by name. We've been wanting to sell our house and move to a different area but the main thing stopping us (besides the economy) is the fact that we love this school so much. It's very disappointing that some other people have had such terrible experiences that they gave the school a bad rating and terrible review. I've never had anything to complain about. Fantastic school and fantastic teachers and staff!!!! I've even thought about trying to get a job there when my 3 year old goes to Kindergarten.

Posted May 25, 2011
I HAVE HAD A CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS SINCE I HAVE FIVE KIDS WHO ARE IN PRESCHOOL THROUGH HIGHSCHOOL. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. THE PRINCIPAL MRS KUPKA AND THE TEACHERS ARE GREAT. MS KUPKA HAS ALWAYS HELPED MY KIDS

Gracemor Elementary School 2

Posted April 18, 2011
This school is a let down. The teachers and students appear unmotivated. My child progressed more with a couple of hours per week at Sylvan Learning Centers than three years at Gracemor. Gracemor seems to want to "try something new" instead of sticking to what works (phonics). I am looking for a different school.

Posted November 27, 2010
This school is horrible. They allow other children to bully your kids and do not inform the parents. They do not try to to teach the children at all. If the student doesnt want to learn then they ca go play and do whatever they want. my son has special needs and is very smart, but instead of teaching him they sent him home constantly. I eventually took him to a different school and now he is doing great. This school only hurts children not help them.

Gracemor Elementary School
5125 North Sycamore, Kansas City, MO  64119
Last modified Gracemor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gracemor Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top