Bad
Good

Maplewood Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2013
When your children are on the bus they do not fall under the care of the principal, but rather the transportation dept. get their phone number and contact the director of trans. make sure your children are getting on the correct bus and make sure you are at the stop to meet them when they get off. So many times there is no parent at the stop to meet their kindergarten child and the driver must keep the child on the bus till the end of routes.

Maplewood Elementary School 5

Posted January 07, 2013
I graduated from Maplewood Elementary School in 2009. I went all through this school and made many friends. The teachers were wonderful and always were helpful and friendly to my parents and I. I have a lot of great memories from this school. The principal went I went there was horrible and favored the grade below me. Now they have a new principal which seems to be better than the old one. This is a really great school and I would highly recommend you send your child to this elementary school if you want them to get a good education. Their mascot is the cougars. Their school colors are blue and white.

Maplewood Elementary School

Posted April 21, 2010
I cannot say that I have been pleased with Maplewoods Elementary. My son and daughter that are now in Kindergarten and first grade have attended this school since they were in pre-school. They have lost both of my children more than once on the school bus, which didn't seem to bother them near as much as it did me. The teachers seem to care about the students but I wish I could have had better reactions from the principal on certain situations. In the past when I have tried contacting him regarding an issue that concerns me, my calls are not returned or he says that he will need to get back to me and than doesn't follow up. I'm at the point where I need to find a different school for next year. Maplewoods needs to get it together!

Maplewood Elementary School 5

Posted March 03, 2010
I absolutely LOVE this school. My daughter is in kindergarten there. When I requested she be tested for the gifted program, they immediately tested, and quickly placed her. her teacher, Bradford, has been great about making sure she's challenged. The staff knew every student by name on the 2nd day of school it seemed. They know the parents, babysitters, siblings as well. It's very much a small town atmosphere. I am such a fan I volunteered there 4 days a week for about 4 or 5 months. I've noticed in the NKCSD you get out of it what you put in. if you are attentive to your child, if you are involved and know the staff, then your child will do well. If you are a hands-off parent your child will get a diploma, but won't have come away with anything extra, and won't have enjoyed their school

Maplewood Elementary School
6400 NE 52nd St, Kansas City, MO  64119
Last modified Maplewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.