Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 24, 2016
no. a lot of times teachers don't respect students and vice versa. there needs to be a lot more respect that goes on in the building.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 24, 2016
I was gone for 10 days one time at a hospital due to the school and they gave me a stack of homework that had to be at least 3 or 4 inches thick

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 24, 2016
no. not at all. basically they say if you cant do this go to iss.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 07, 2016
Against all odds, there have been a few teachers at this dump that have liked, but no names will be named

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 07, 2016
I don't even need to say anything. If you disagree and don't go here, spend a day in nmms in the 21sr century.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 07, 2016
Kids who are somehow more popular will be close with others who are their speed. Kids who are the opposite are more prone to bullying and other negative aspects of middle school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 07, 2016
The schools students are heavily based on a popularity spectrum. Kids who are more popular will have more respect and most likely better relationships with their teachers. There is a new no cell phone rule, but I see a lot of them in kids' pockets. I'm no snitch however, and keep my mouth shut.

New Mark Middle School 1

Posted February 07, 2016
After 2 and a half years at this place, I am at my breaking point. The principals keep altering the handbook, and take no time to consider what us kids are going through. And the teachers. I don't know the cirriculum, but I am sure they don't follow it. They always say to complete your homework in class, but give us little time. They say to use the restroom and do everything else during passing time and not use one of our OWN passes from a planner that costs five dollars and are usually not required to even know about. A lot of the teachers straight up make me mad. Some are mean, but some have attitudes that makes me want to break something. Some students here are nothing but an annoyance and have no respect for anyone much less the rules or the authority here.

New Mark Middle School 5

Posted November 18, 2014
This is a great school and I think if anyone has anything bad to say about it, they should take their business elsewhere. The teachers are great, and they do not yell at us, like several people have commented, and they push us to do our best, and when someone is not keeping up well, they talk it out and find a way to help the situation. This is a great school, and I hope that other people can realize that too.

New Mark Middle School 1

Posted November 05, 2014
I can not express how disappointed I am with this school. Three principals and only one who seems to care about the kids; Mr. Geist. I (and other parents) have personally witnessed the yelling at students by one of the other principals on more than one occasion. If he realizes a parent is there, he doesn't apologize for his behavior, he justifies it by saying what a problem the student is. Totally Unacceptable. He calls certain students out publicly and makes them feel embarrassed, belittled, and ashamed. My children hate going there and beg not to go - weekly. They WERE straight A students before attending this school and they have never been in trouble or had disciplinary problems. I agree with the previous post - students are not treated well. This is not a nurturing environment. Mr Valdez in particular, is more concerned with being seen as "the boss" than education and he needs to consider another profession - not education - and certainly not working with children.

515 Ne 106th St, Kansas City, MO  64155
Last modified New Mark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.