Kansas City, MO
Students enrolled: 1,015

Posted November 18, 2014
This is a great school and I think if anyone has anything bad to say about it, they should take their business elsewhere. The teachers are great, and they do not yell at us, like several people have commented, and they push us to do our best, and when someone is not keeping up well, they talk it out and find a way to help the situation. This is a great school, and I hope that other people can realize that too.

Posted November 05, 2014
I can not express how disappointed I am with this school. Three principals and only one who seems to care about the kids; Mr. Geist. I (and other parents) have personally witnessed the yelling at students by one of the other principals on more than one occasion. If he realizes a parent is there, he doesn't apologize for his behavior, he justifies it by saying what a problem the student is. Totally Unacceptable. He calls certain students out publicly and makes them feel embarrassed, belittled, and ashamed. My children hate going there and beg not to go - weekly. They WERE straight A students before attending this school and they have never been in trouble or had disciplinary problems. I agree with the previous post - students are not treated well. This is not a nurturing environment. Mr Valdez in particular, is more concerned with being seen as "the boss" than education and he needs to consider another profession - not education - and certainly not working with children.

Posted October 07, 2014
The principals and assistant principals at this school are worse than the kids when it comes to gossiping, bullying, and harassing the students. They have no respect for parents or the students. They yelled at my child in front of the school and when I met with them, they raised their voices to me. They claim to foster a positive environment, but all they foster is gossip. There are some great teachers, but some of them fail to "teach" the students, they simply hand out worksheets and tell the students to figure it out. I've had several instances when other parents have told me the principals/assistant principals were talking about what a bad influence my child is, yet I NEVER personally received any calls. Violation of privacy, false accusations, defamation of character, lack of responsibility!! I've had 3 children go through this school, and all 3 of them hated it. I can't wait for my youngest child to get out of this school!!!

New Mark Middle School 2

Posted February 10, 2012
The teachers, in general, are helpful and friendly. However, if you have a problem, good luck getting it addressed. The 6th grade principal, Ms. Skinner, in particular is quite the arrogant, self-satisfied individual. She has spoken down to me on more than 1 occasion and I really did not like how she handled a disciplinary situation we had with our student. Instead of joining together as a team to solve the problem she just wanted our buy-in to her way and when we pushed back she got mad. Not quality administration in any way. If not for her, we would really have no issues with this school.

Posted May 03, 2010
This is an amazing school, I really dont know why anyone would not go here. The teachers know what they are doing and push students to do good in school. Teachers DO show respect, and its greatly appreciated, although a student might be disrespectful they always handle it in the best way possible. But if you do get in trouble, you will not get away with it and you will be punished, but thats what needds to happen. All of the hallways have security cameras and that makes it better just in case there is a hallway fight. This year there has only been a couple fights not that many which is pretty good. The school is always kept clean and we are working on a garden outside of the school, and its just a fun, inviting enviorment and is one of the best schools I seen.

Posted April 14, 2010
If you have a choice to go to this school or not, don't. The teachers have no respect for students or parents and are not willing to take the time to make sure the students understand the material they're teaching. There is also a ton of pointless drama among the students that the teachers make no attempt to stop.

New Mark Middle School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
New Mark is located in a great community. Programs are available to challenge kids and make them more prepared for high school.

New Mark Middle School 2

Posted October 19, 2009

Posted October 02, 2008

New Mark Middle School 4

Posted August 02, 2008

New Mark Middle School
515 NE 106th St, Kansas City, MO  64155
Last modified New Mark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Mark Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top