Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

they really don't care about a lot except there paychecks.. the only one who did seem to care was mr.palmer but he is gone now

Amount of homework: Disagree

I was gone for 10 days one time at a hospital due to the school and they gave me a stack of homework that had to be at least 3 or 4 inches thick

Amount of homework: Disagree

I don't even need to say anything. If you disagree and don't go here, spend a day in nmms in the 21sr century.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The schools students are heavily based on a popularity spectrum. Kids who are more popular will have more respect and most likely better relationships with their teachers. There is a new no cell phone rule, but I see a lot of them in kids' pockets. I'm no snitch however, and keep my mouth shut.

After 2 and a half years at this place, I am at my breaking point. The principals keep altering the handbook, and take no time to consider what us kids are going through. And the teachers. I don't know the cirriculum, but I am sure they don't follow it. They always say to complete your homework in class, but give us little time. They say to use the restroom and do everything else during passing time and not use one of our OWN passes from a planner that costs five dollars and are usually not required to even know about. A lot of the teachers straight up make me mad. Some are mean, but some have attitudes that makes me want to break something. Some students here are nothing but an annoyance and have no respect for anyone much less the rules or the authority here.

This is a great school and I think if anyone has anything bad to say about it, they should take their business elsewhere. The teachers are great, and they do not yell at us, like several people have commented, and they push us to do our best, and when someone is not keeping up well, they talk it out and find a way to help the situation. This is a great school, and I hope that other people can realize that too.

I can not express how disappointed I am with this school. Three principals and only one who seems to care about the kids; Mr. Geist. I (and other parents) have personally witnessed the yelling at students by one of the other principals on more than one occasion. If he realizes a parent is there, he doesn't apologize for his behavior, he justifies it by saying what a problem the student is. Totally Unacceptable. He calls certain students out publicly and makes them feel embarrassed, belittled, and ashamed. My children hate going there and beg not to go - weekly. They WERE straight A students before attending this school and they have never been in trouble or had disciplinary problems. I agree with the previous post - students are not treated well. This is not a nurturing environment. Mr Valdez in particular, is more concerned with being seen as "the boss" than education and he needs to consider another profession - not education - and certainly not working with children.

The principals and assistant principals at this school are worse than the kids when it comes to gossiping, bullying, and harassing the students. They have no respect for parents or the students. They yelled at my child in front of the school and when I met with them, they raised their voices to me. They claim to foster a positive environment, but all they foster is gossip. There are some great teachers, but some of them fail to "teach" the students, they simply hand out worksheets and tell the students to figure it out. I've had several instances when other parents have told me the principals/assistant principals were talking about what a bad influence my child is, yet I NEVER personally received any calls. Violation of privacy, false accusations, defamation of character, lack of responsibility!! I've had 3 children go through this school, and all 3 of them hated it. I can't wait for my youngest child to get out of this school!!!

The teachers, in general, are helpful and friendly. However, if you have a problem, good luck getting it addressed. The 6th grade principal, Ms. Skinner, in particular is quite the arrogant, self-satisfied individual. She has spoken down to me on more than 1 occasion and I really did not like how she handled a disciplinary situation we had with our student. Instead of joining together as a team to solve the problem she just wanted our buy-in to her way and when we pushed back she got mad. Not quality administration in any way. If not for her, we would really have no issues with this school.

This is an amazing school, I really dont know why anyone would not go here. The teachers know what they are doing and push students to do good in school. Teachers DO show respect, and its greatly appreciated, although a student might be disrespectful they always handle it in the best way possible. But if you do get in trouble, you will not get away with it and you will be punished, but thats what needds to happen. All of the hallways have security cameras and that makes it better just in case there is a hallway fight. This year there has only been a couple fights not that many which is pretty good. The school is always kept clean and we are working on a garden outside of the school, and its just a fun, inviting enviorment and is one of the best schools I seen.

Last modified New Mark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.