Bad
Good

Northtown is an amazing high school that truly prepares students for college life. They have a beautiful open campus which promotes independence. They have a very culturally diverse population which truly prepares students to thrive in a global way. Students have choices from so many activities and clubs from a national award winning robitics team, state award winning band, many clubs, and a full spectrum of sports. Students are very well rounded and are not coddled through. Students here work hard to succeeded and result in very successful adults.

Some of north town is good like the assemblies, etc but I do somewhat agree with what the 2 people are saying.

I am a student at Northtown. For some reason, I love looking at school reviews, and I have been infuriated by what some people, especially students, think about our high school. I first want to address this so called violence on campus. I have been here for over a year, and have never seen a fight, heard a threat, or felt unsafe or insecure. Secondly, the person who believes that North Kansas City is "uncoordinated", is sorely mistaken. I'm going into my sophomore year, and it would absolutely make my day to meet someone with the audacity to think that the teachers do not do their jobs. I have never known anyone to think that not being friends with teachers improves students education. I became friends with all of my teachers freshman year, and have yet to feel any repercussions. The staff should act like know-it-alls. If they weren't, we would have more misinformed individuals like you running around. The "drugs" you claim to be used and sold on school grounds, are nonexistent. The small group of ne'er do wells that used to smoke cigarettes near campus, have since ceased due to the addition of a sheriff where they met. This rebuttal and review continues. I have run out of room.

My son is Freshman this 2014-2015 school year. He is in the IB program and he LOVES it. He enjoys the freedom of the Open Campus and Open lunch. He enjoys all of his teachers. As a parent, I feel this school is preparing him for college. Others have mentioned fights, the "wrong" crowd, etc. My son has mentioned nothing of the sort to me. Maybe that is because he is in the Pre-IB classes. He also has not mentioned being bullied or seeing other students being bullied. In fact, he has been pleasantly surprised (as I have) that the upper classman have been friendly and welcoming to him! So far I have absolutely no complaints.

This is one of the worst schools my daughter has ever attended. She used to love school, before she started going here for her freshman year. She was relentlessly bullied by these degenerate children that go here. To the point where she would be in tears every day. They administration continued to do absolutely nothing about it. The children who bullied and threatened her have received NO discipline. Many other children who go here are bullied every day and it's almost like the schools don't want to address it. So please, save your child's happiness and self-esteem and send them to a private school. Or somewhere where the teachers, counselors, and principals care more about your child's feelings and education.

They dont care if the kids are on the laptops texting on Facebook and Twitter while the teacher is teaching. And kids turned around in the seats talking and the teachers just goes on teaching and ignores what the kids r doing or not doing. This school has changed over the years. There is so many fights i n and out of the school by the parking lot and across the street at the park. Not enough security in this school.we are moving. Liberty school's are much better.

North Kansas City High School has an incredible faculty and supports that have allowed both my children to thrive. AND it has a great student body with kind and caring kids that made their high school years very meaningful. GO HORNETS!

I rate this school as follows; principal leadership five stars teacher quality five stars extracurricular activities four stars parent involvement five stars safety and discipline five stars

I graduated in 2008 with the IB diploma. I feel that North Kansas City has done an excellent job preparing me for college. I have heard about just as many fights at Northtown as any other school north of the river. The teachers won't force your kid to learn, but if they try they will receive a good education. If a student doesn't want to learn, I don't hold the school accountable for that. It's just as easy to slide through at any other school, but if one is willing to push themselves they can get the best education in the area, if you ask me.

My daughter is in the IB program at NKCHS and gets mostly A's. She partiticipates in: orchestra, drama, renaissance committee, robotics, science olymiad, technology student assoc., spanish club, debate workshop, and democrat club. She is thriving in this environment and would not wish to go elsewhere. When asked, she tells me that neither peer pressure nor gangs are an issue. I am proud to send my student to a school with much ethnic diversity. I feel that this school is enabling my daughter in becoming a very well rounded individual.

Last modified North Kansas City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.