Kansas City, MO
Students enrolled: 1,482

North Kansas City High School 3

Posted September 19, 2014
Some of north town is good like the assemblies, etc but I do somewhat agree with what the 2 people are saying.

Posted September 13, 2014
I am a student at Northtown. For some reason, I love looking at school reviews, and I have been infuriated by what some people, especially students, think about our high school. I first want to address this so called violence on campus. I have been here for over a year, and have never seen a fight, heard a threat, or felt unsafe or insecure. Secondly, the person who believes that North Kansas City is "uncoordinated", is sorely mistaken. I'm going into my sophomore year, and it would absolutely make my day to meet someone with the audacity to think that the teachers do not do their jobs. I have never known anyone to think that not being friends with teachers improves students education. I became friends with all of my teachers freshman year, and have yet to feel any repercussions. The staff should act like know-it-alls. If they weren't, we would have more misinformed individuals like you running around. The "drugs" you claim to be used and sold on school grounds, are nonexistent. The small group of ne'er do wells that used to smoke cigarettes near campus, have since ceased due to the addition of a sheriff where they met. This rebuttal and review continues. I have run out of room.

Posted August 22, 2014
My son is Freshman this 2014-2015 school year. He is in the IB program and he LOVES it. He enjoys the freedom of the Open Campus and Open lunch. He enjoys all of his teachers. As a parent, I feel this school is preparing him for college. Others have mentioned fights, the "wrong" crowd, etc. My son has mentioned nothing of the sort to me. Maybe that is because he is in the Pre-IB classes. He also has not mentioned being bullied or seeing other students being bullied. In fact, he has been pleasantly surprised (as I have) that the upper classman have been friendly and welcoming to him! So far I have absolutely no complaints.

North Kansas City High School 1

Posted May 05, 2014
This is one of the worst schools my daughter has ever attended. She used to love school, before she started going here for her freshman year. She was relentlessly bullied by these degenerate children that go here. To the point where she would be in tears every day. They administration continued to do absolutely nothing about it. The children who bullied and threatened her have received NO discipline. Many other children who go here are bullied every day and it's almost like the schools don't want to address it. So please, save your child's happiness and self-esteem and send them to a private school. Or somewhere where the teachers, counselors, and principals care more about your child's feelings and education.

North Kansas City High School 1

Posted September 24, 2013
They dont care if the kids are on the laptops texting on Facebook and Twitter while the teacher is teaching. And kids turned around in the seats talking and the teachers just goes on teaching and ignores what the kids r doing or not doing. This school has changed over the years. There is so many fights i n and out of the school by the parking lot and across the street at the park. Not enough security in this school.we are moving. Liberty school's are much better.

Posted October 10, 2010
North Kansas City High School has an incredible faculty and supports that have allowed both my children to thrive. AND it has a great student body with kind and caring kids that made their high school years very meaningful. GO HORNETS!

North Kansas City High School

Posted December 16, 2009
I rate this school as follows; principal leadership five stars teacher quality five stars extracurricular activities four stars parent involvement five stars safety and discipline five stars

Posted October 16, 2008
I graduated in 2008 with the IB diploma. I feel that North Kansas City has done an excellent job preparing me for college. I have heard about just as many fights at Northtown as any other school north of the river. The teachers won't force your kid to learn, but if they try they will receive a good education. If a student doesn't want to learn, I don't hold the school accountable for that. It's just as easy to slide through at any other school, but if one is willing to push themselves they can get the best education in the area, if you ask me.

Posted September 21, 2008
My daughter is in the IB program at NKCHS and gets mostly A's. She partiticipates in: orchestra, drama, renaissance committee, robotics, science olymiad, technology student assoc., spanish club, debate workshop, and democrat club. She is thriving in this environment and would not wish to go elsewhere. When asked, she tells me that neither peer pressure nor gangs are an issue. I am proud to send my student to a school with much ethnic diversity. I feel that this school is enabling my daughter in becoming a very well rounded individual.

North Kansas City High School 2

Posted January 18, 2008
I am a 1979 Graduate of NKCHS, and practically my entire immediate family graduated from this school, so I was excited when my Son had the same opportunity. However it became apperent over time that this school was not the same school that my family or I had attended. During that time, This was one of the best schools in the area. I even had many of the same instructors that my parents had. Now, it has degraded to a school that I would not recommend sending any child to. During my Son's attendence, he was witness to many fights. While he had a few good Teachers, many were 'rookies', just coming out of 2 yrs or less of previous experience NKCHS has lots of potential, but lots of work to do.

North Kansas City High School
620 East 23rd Ave, Kansas City, MO  64116
Last modified North Kansas City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Kansas City High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top