Bad
Good

Oak Park High School 1

Posted September 24, 2014
Oak Park is a horrible school. The education is subpar, as well as the teachers. Oak Park enforces rules loosely, and when they do their rules seem arbitrary. The new policy that makes attendance and grades proportional is appalling. It's insensitive to students' who have problems outside of school, and causes more stress then there already is. The school is in poor condition, and was only somewhat made decent with the coming of the Alumni. Why make a school tolerable for people that are only going to be there for a day? For students that have to stay here for four years out of their lives, it's kind of insulting. Oak parks teachers do not teach the students well enough for them to learn, and do not know how to deal with unruly students properly. Lastly who starts school at 7:23?

Oak Park High School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
I went to Oak Park high school, I graduated in 2014. I have been at college for two weeks, and I am so overwhelmed by the fact that Oak Park did nothing but unprepared me for this step into my future. I failed my first paper because I was taught MLA format the wrong way.

Posted April 27, 2014
Oak Park High School is a very good school and im glad to be there <3

Posted January 24, 2014
All 4 of my daughters went thru Oak Park and had both academics success as well as growing into wonderful college graduates. Not sure where some of the other ratings came from but they have excellent programs for academics as well as sports and fine arts.

Posted April 23, 2012
Oak Park has a long history of excellence. I'm proud to be a part of a school that knows how to do it right. So many seniors win academic scholarships for all their hardwork & dedication to community & school. The fine arts department is second to none, and the Journalism department is nationally recognized. There are so many amazing things about Oak Park, I could go on and on!

Oak Park High School 3

Posted April 11, 2009
I Went to oak park over the last school year and i hated it there was too many fights the teachers didn't care. The principal was great one though. The school also had about 2000 students and it was to cramped for that many students.

Posted February 03, 2009
I went to Oak Park. Some of my family went to the other two schools in the district. Those of us lucking enough to attend Oak Park received a much better education. I am now helping family who didn't go to Oak Park with their college classes. I was very prepared for college. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The schools test say it all. Most everyone got along. I am looking forward to sending my own children there.

Oak Park High School 4

Posted August 28, 2008
I loved this school. It was a great place to learn the teachers were very helpful and I learned a lot in all of my classes. The principal was the best principal you could ask for. I loved Oak Park and I would defiatley recomend it

Oak Park High School

Posted March 21, 2008
We moved to the Oak Park School District from the Winnetonka School District due to the higher standard and quality of a school. I am very happy with Oak Park and they they are very strict with the 'no tolerance policy' which I am very happy with. My daughter loves her teachers and is in the Gold Medallian program. She loves her music and has done extremely well in all of her classes. The only negative thing that I have to say is that the School District must a stricter policy on cellphone use. It's too distracting and kids abuse this priviledge with texting. Cellphones are not for school, they are for AFTER school and they shouldn't be allowed in the classrooms.

Oak Park High School 3

Posted December 06, 2007
Oak Park appears to do pretty well in teaching math and science but is poor in providing a good grounding in social studies.

Oak Park High School
825 Ne 79th Terr, Kansas City, MO  64118
Last modified Oak Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.