Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school has given us issues since day one. We finally decided to pull our daughter out and start somewhere new before our son hit kindergarten. The principle is absolutely terrible! No people skills what so ever. Coming from a family full of educators, I was shocked to see the way this school functions. You have a 50/50 chance of having a good interaction with the front desk, the darker haired lady is a doll, the older blonde woman is rude and not approachable. If you live in the area, its worth paying for a private school, or a transfer.

I have had great luck with the Teachers at this school my daughter just finished her 5th grade year with the confidence to move forward into Middle School. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Communication is awful. I e-mail my questions and concerns, and I am lucky if I get a response back the same week. Principal is rude and lacks people skills. Teachers will tell me something and they don't follow thru. Staff interacts well with my child, just not with parents.

My two kids went to West Englewood for 2.5 years before we had to move due to work. I have nothing but praise to give to the teachers and staff as they were always on top of things and kept parents informed of what was going on in the classrooms or at the school, and emailed or called me whenever I let them know I needed to speak to someone about a problem or potential issue. The building is in great condition and was always clean. I never had an issue with anyone there or any of their policies.

This should be the very last resort choice for a school. It Needs a new principal that is caring and understanding to all children. The Staff need more training also.

My children were removed from this school. Parental input is not addressed unless it is positive. If you have concerns for your child this is not the school I would recommend. The Administrative staff can be very rude especially if you have a child in special education. Alot of things happen in this school that gets covered up. I have experienced alot of deception at this school.

My little boy loves his classmates and his teacher. This is my first run with school and I'm enjoying every moment of it! He is in kindergarten and his teacher sends home weekly updates on cirriculum as well as after school activities. The pta seem to be on top of their job because I am constantly getting information on events and such. I am impressed with the faculty and the school itself! In fact I plan to purchase a home next fall and it will have to be in west englewood's district!

Last modified West Englewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.