West Englewood Elementary School 5

Posted June 05, 2011
I have had great luck with the Teachers at this school my daughter just finished her 5th grade year with the confidence to move forward into Middle School. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted November 16, 2010
Communication is awful. I e-mail my questions and concerns, and I am lucky if I get a response back the same week. Principal is rude and lacks people skills. Teachers will tell me something and they don't follow thru. Staff interacts well with my child, just not with parents.

West Englewood Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2010

Posted April 01, 2009
My two kids went to West Englewood for 2.5 years before we had to move due to work. I have nothing but praise to give to the teachers and staff as they were always on top of things and kept parents informed of what was going on in the classrooms or at the school, and emailed or called me whenever I let them know I needed to speak to someone about a problem or potential issue. The building is in great condition and was always clean. I never had an issue with anyone there or any of their policies.

Posted May 27, 2008

Posted August 24, 2007
This should be the very last resort choice for a school. It Needs a new principal that is caring and understanding to all children. The Staff need more training also.

Posted August 17, 2007
My children were removed from this school. Parental input is not addressed unless it is positive. If you have concerns for your child this is not the school I would recommend. The Administrative staff can be very rude especially if you have a child in special education. Alot of things happen in this school that gets covered up. I have experienced alot of deception at this school.

West Englewood Elementary School 5

Posted September 29, 2006
My little boy loves his classmates and his teacher. This is my first run with school and I'm enjoying every moment of it! He is in kindergarten and his teacher sends home weekly updates on cirriculum as well as after school activities. The pta seem to be on top of their job because I am constantly getting information on events and such. I am impressed with the faculty and the school itself! In fact I plan to purchase a home next fall and it will have to be in west englewood's district!

Posted April 08, 2006
My son transferred to this school last year. So far I m very impressed. He s in the first grade and brings home new books almost everyday. They have a really good system for homework so that it's no overwhelming but keeps the student engaged after school is over. I like how students get chances to be leaders of different activities, that's just good practice all around. The teachers are friendly and open and other parents participate in events. The frolic they had in autumn was quite fun. The only critique I would make is I d like to see a stronger focus on the math skills, but I think that s unfortunately common in most schools due to the way criteria is set out. But their reading development is outstanding.

West Englewood Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2006

West Englewood Elementary School
1506 NW Englewood Rd, Kansas City, MO  64118
Last modified West Englewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Englewood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top