Posted August 22, 2014
Currently my 2 children would attend Winnetonka. Instead I send them to North Kansas City High School. Partly because NKHS has the IB program and because I do not want my children to attend a high school that has a daycare in it for the student population. Funnily enough, I am a liberal but the thought of sending my kids to a school that caters to the pregant teenage population disturbs me.

Posted July 18, 2013
Winnetonka is a great school! Lot's of nice people. North Kansas City School District is awesome/

Posted November 13, 2012
I love going to tonka and it's not as bad as people say. By the way it's no zoo. Crime is a part of life and happens at almost every school. I love it here and nobody can change my mind.

Posted February 04, 2012
This school is a complete mess!! My child was assaulted by another student last week and the vice principle yell in my face and refused to help me. I am not sending my child back to this trashy school. I hope that Oak Park or Staley can provide a safer and more professional environment. The students have total control over the teachers. There maybe 3 of 30 children focusing in class. What a waste of my tax dollars. Remove your children from this ZOO if you LOVE them.

Winnetonka High School 3

Posted September 21, 2010
I graduated from Tonka in '01, back then it didn't have the bad rep it has now. My parents actually relocated so my brother wouldn't have to go there! It used to have 2 extremes - the rich and the poor kids. I always liked the teachers but the in-school student baby nursery did the rep in, especially when other schools starting sending all of the pregnant teens to Tonka. Good idea but didn't quite help the schools rep. This school now really needs a makeover and better athletics!!

Posted November 22, 2009
My two kids graduated in 2204 and 2008, scored in the 30s on the ACT, and were accepted into prestigious colleges. This is a great school that provides lots of opportunities.

Winnetonka High School 4

Posted August 19, 2008
I'm a senior at Tonka, and I really enjoy going there. There are many different groups and every one is accepted. The teachers care about their students' success and there are multiple opportunities for students to get help from not only their teacher, but from other teachers as well. The activities provided for students are broad and most can find something they enjoy. Plus, the performing arts groups are absolutely great!

Posted August 17, 2008
I hate going to winnetonka high... M first week there i had my purse stolen! the students do not care about learning, and the teachers really dont care... Thew only thing i really like about this school is the food!

Posted November 25, 2007
At Tonka, you get a little bit of everything. Everyone basically gets along, and the school isn't 'ruled' by one group of people. The teachers are fun, and I always learn something new everyday. Our school is the cleanest in the district, also. The only bad thing about Tonka is the bad rep, but it's really not true. I never feel threatened when I go to school, in fact, I look forward to it. Overall it's a great place for learning and making friends.

Posted November 23, 2007
Really a great school. Excellent teachers. Great activities and student involvement.

Winnetonka High School
5815 NE 48th St, Kansas City, MO  64119
Last modified Winnetonka High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winnetonka High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.