Kansas City, MO

Posted June 24, 2014
I am very happy with this school district. My kids are getting the help they need in certain areas and have improved so much that they are now where they need to be and above. I am glad we moved to this school district.

Posted April 09, 2014
One of the top schools in terms of academics in the area if not in the state. Outstanding students and teachers (despite some) make for a great environment.

Posted December 08, 2013
Park Hill School District as well as Park Hill High School is amazing. My children have been recruited by IVY League institutions for their successes in high school. My wife and I would not send them to any other place. Thank you Park Hill.

Posted October 21, 2013
cont... Cons: I wish I could have skipped physical science and took more AP classes. I didn't like my counselor. Others liked theirs. We've had negative news a few times, but it is more of select individuals. They should not reflect the whole school. Remember, the graduating classes are around 450 people. The school does a lot to try to promote a positive image. Parking could be a challenge. Also, when school starts, you can only enter from the front entrance. It sucks when the weather is terrible, but it's for security purposes. Foul language being used. You must be extremely sheltered if you think no one cusses in high school. This should be a problem if it's elementary school, but it's not. If they don't experience it now, they'll experience it in college. Honestly, if you need more proof, I'm at Vanderbilt University now, and I'm doing just fine. Park Hill is a wonderful place to be. Enjoy your four years while it lasts.

Posted June 12, 2012
I have had 3 children graduate with Park Hill High School, and their experiences were all very positive, We were involved in their education and although we didn't have any disciplinary problems, the administration knew us by name and child, and opened their arms to us. They welcome parent involvement in all aspects of the high school experience for our children, and I think the negative comments come from parents who do not actively and positively interact with the school or they are not actively trying to work with staff in the best interest of their children. I like discipline for the students, this is the last chance we have to mold them into positive individuals entering "real life" after graduation. My husband works for the city of KCMO, and we specifically moved to the Park Hill School district for their award winning education.

Park Hill High School 3

Posted April 25, 2012
My child was a sophomore during the 2011-2012 school year at Park Hill, and we learned this lesson the hard way: there is no standard of grading applicable to the same class taught by different teachers. For example, one teacher truncates (and includes the decimal point) while anothraounds (to the whole number), thus creating an inequalities and negatively impacting the student.

Park Hill High School 1

Posted May 03, 2011
I have had a child in Park Hill Schools since the first grade who is now a sophomore and also have two more now. From the youngest being sent to walk home through non-sidewalk entrances and in all types of weather rain-snow anything, to my oldest being bullied in grade school without the other child getting 1-day in-school for writing foul language on three different walls, to the middle child being picked on by teachers, oh and the admitted discrimination at football games of younger students, to not allowing students struggling in class to taking an EOC (end of course exam) guess this how their test scores are so high NOT ALL THE STUDENTS TAKE THEM, to bullying from the staff, to not allowing students to take home graded tests, to weighting grades towards tests as high as 85% of the overall grade, to a new scoring system that the highest grade is subject to the teacher and not based on performance on homework, class work, or tests, simply judgment of the teacher. Oh but the athletics are pretty decent too bad the rest of the school isn t. I would not ever allow one of my friend s kids to go to this school district without warning them first. This school is BAD

Posted February 14, 2010

Posted February 14, 2010

Park Hill High School 0

Posted February 12, 2009
There is virtually no racial or economic diversity and way too much emphasis on sports!

Park Hill High School
7701 NW Barry Rd, Kansas City, MO  64153
Last modified Park Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Hill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top