PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Although the education was good, girls were a bit cliquey and my child was bullied and isolated a bit, especially by 1 girl who got others to follow and make my daughter's experience horrible. With the exception of a few mothers from her class that were truly genuine and kind and wonderful, found the other moms to be cliquey, judgmental and unkind to me as well. Very unChrist-like. I've known a few other mothers at this school in other grades who are young, sweet, beautiful women who had the exact same experience here, being excluded by these other women and not treated kindly by them. (If you're a young pretty mom, God help you. Best of luck.) Moved our child to a Christian school and had a completely different experience. Very kind and welcoming parents, students, faculty, no judgmental or cliquey parents, and exceptional education. So glad we left. Right choice. Our child is so happy and so are we.

Develops character: Neutral

Certainly better than public schools. However, the girls were cliquey in our child's class and so were the parents, especially the other mothers. That being said, there were a few moms and parents from her class who very kind and wonderful people. But our child dealt with girls bullying her and spreading rumors and making her feel isolated. I found the moms, with the exceptions of those few mentioned, to be very excluding towards me, cliquey and unkind. Quite immature considering these are adults. Felt the kids to be just like their parents. Some very kind and wonderful, like their parents. And many a bit arrogant and judgmental and unkind. We moved our child to a Christian school and had a totally different experience. Exceptionally kind parents, teachers, children, other mothers, very welcoming; so so glad we moved her. Could not be happier.

This is a horrible school I am an alumni at that school and I was bullied by the older kids. The teachers are very negative and say horrible things to you when you mess up or make a mistake. The curriculum is a disaster because of this school I was heading in the wrong direction with my faith I was very confused what they were teaching I did not learn anything. The schools I suggest is Antioch middle school or if you want to learn more about faith go to St.Andrew the apostle or may be Northland Christian Academy those are the 3 best schools. Do not send your kid to st.charles it makes things worse. If you think st.charles is a good school you seriously need to reevaluate yourself

Curriculum is the best we've found compared to other area Catholic schools. The test scores are phenomenal.

Great school. Academic standards are high and the students' level of respect is high. Impressive curriculum too.

A great school, where the the teachers care about the students, the parents are involved and the curriculum is the best in the city.

I am not so sure about this school anymore. The administration seems unconcerned about the happenings in the school. Classes are way too big, and individual attention doesn't exist. People are leaving and I understand why.

We love St. Charles. Their teachers, principal and staff are devoted and caring. Their accademics and standards are high and the community is wonderful!

We choose St. Charles because of the high quality of education and the expectations of the students, in addition to the level of parent involvement. Our children started in St. Charles' preschool program, where we saw that they were not just educated but cared for and loved. This environment continues into the primary and middle school grades. As St. Charles graduates continue on to high school, the feedback the principal continually receives is how extremely well prepared St. Charles students are for high school challenges, and how they continue to excell in that environment. St. Charles also provides excellent extracurricular activities (band, extra science programs, and numerous athletic programs beginning in 3rd grade) and additional opportunities during the school day, such as Spanish and Algebra, to eligible students. We continue to feel very grateful and fortunate for the education (academically and morally) our children are receiving at St. Charles.

Last modified St Charles Borromeo School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8