Christ the King Parish School 4

Posted December 09, 2010
I will admit that academically, CTK is one of the top schools in the area. The small classroom sizes are great for more one on one teaching. My main gripe with this school would be the money factor. When you sign the enrollment papers, it states that your enrollment fee ($300) includes textbooks, materials, etc. First I received the longest school supply list that my son has ever had in all the years he has been in school. FREQUENTLY I get notes to send this amount of money to help supply and fund certain classes and materials needed for those classes. EVERYTHING has a price!! EVERYTHING! In one week's time, I wrote almost $100 in checks that's ON TOP of the tuition that I pay monthly. In comparison, they have one of the cheapest tuition rates but they sure make up for it with their nickel and dime begging! God forbid they are $1 short for lunch, here comes the phone calls and emails. Sheesh, you can't tell me you can't loan a child $1?! Me and my check book are counting down the days to be done with them.

Posted November 09, 2010
This is the greatest school in the south land! It is a wonderful community and the most dedicated teachers. The principal is wonderful!!

Posted March 28, 2010
The small class sizes are beneficial to meet the various educational needs of the children.

Posted December 08, 2009
I am a parent of four wonderful girls. Two have been through CKS, one is there now, and one will be there soon. Two of my girls are attending a presigious high school in the area. They both are in multiple accelerated and honors classes. The first day of school, my oldest daughter told me 'Mom, I am so glad I went to CKS. I know so much more than the other girls at school.' I can credit that shining moment to CKS--a truly wonderful school. Their teachers are dedicated to teaching the children to the best of their ability--and they still send my kids cards on their birthday! I am up at CKS every weekend helping out; it truly is a home away from home. To any parent looking for a great school: choose CKS--you'll be glad you did.

Christ the King Parish School 0

Posted September 22, 2009
This school is the best part of the waldo community. Christ the King students achieve high test scores. The school is diverse, faith-based and has a strong close-knit community. Our principal and teachers are the best in the city!!

Posted July 28, 2009
We love Christ the King. The principal is by far one of the greatest assets this school has to offer. The education is first class and the teachers are exceptional! Our children learn at two to three grade levels above the norm and have a top notch Catholic education. After you read this then decide for yourself. You and your family will know that you have finally come home. See you at school!

Christ the King Parish School 3

Posted February 24, 2009
8 out of the 9 classroom teachers in this school are top notch educators. They care deeply for their students. The principal sometimes lets her goals and objectives get in the way of what is good for the child as a whole but she has made some outstanding changes. The classes are far too small often turning out a cookie cutter type of learner. Some parents are overly involved leaving little room for a quieter parent or a newcomer to express interest in projects with the children. These are the same parents that micro manage everything and get upset if things don't go their way. Some parents go as far as disciplining other children in front of their own parents at sporting or outside events. It is a good little school and offers a lot to a child. Lots of diversity.

Christ the King Parish School 1

Posted February 13, 2009

Posted November 24, 2008

Posted November 24, 2008

Christ the King Parish School
425 W 85th Street, Kansas City, MO  64114
Last modified Christ the King Parish School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Christ the King Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top