St. Patrick School

Private | PK-8 | 161 students

Living in Kansas City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $102,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Sweep tile

Posted March 31, 2011

When I leave in the morning I feel I am leaving my children with family! When I pick them up they have a beaming smile on their faces! From the classrooms to the luch room the love and pride for the school and each other is overwhelming!

Posted March 10, 2011

It's a R E A L L Y Great school! Please look into coming to our school! It's a good place to invest for the Future!

Posted March 9, 2011

St. Patrick is not just a school or parish-we are a real community. The students embrace each other as family, and the parents and staff relate in a personal way! We love St. Patrick!

Posted March 9, 2011

Saint Pat's has been a fantastic place for our children. The teachers are phenomenal. The environment is very happy and upbeat. My children think of school as an extension of their home. They know they are loved and they feel very secure. I can't imagine a better situation for a child to learn.

Posted March 9, 2011

St. Patrick's offers a great program for children with a lot of support. It is a small, yet growing school, with a lot of family involvement.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 8, 2011

We have 4 children. Have been a member of St Patrick Parish for 22 years. Have had at least one child in school at St Patrick for the past 19 years, and have 7 more years to go, our youngest is in First Grade. We are exceptionally proud to be a part of St Patricks because the people in this small community our supportive, involved and have become part of our family: Our Church - School Family. Our kids have so many opportunities to enjoy activities like: Science Club, Tech Club, Boy Scouts, GIrl Scouts, Cub Scouts, Youth Group, Basketball, Volleyball, Track, Student Council and more. Our children have received an superb education; with our oldest son excelling as an Naval Officer in Nuclear Engineering. Lots of things change over time: technology, fads, popular sayings, but I can say the wonderful community of families and teachers has been a constant at St Patricks.

Posted February 10, 2011

This school provides students a great education in a loving environment. Teachers genuinely care about the health and well being of each child. Academic excellence is paired with a caring, nurturing environment.

Posted February 10, 2011

My daughter has been a student at St. Patrick's school for three years and has received an excellent education. I am pleased with how she has progressed and think the teachers are excellent. I would recommend this school to any family who wants their child to be educated in a Christian environment.

Posted February 4, 2011

The small class sizes and dedicated faculty are an excellent combination at St. Pats. The students receive individual attention and many opportunities for enriched learning. The unique educational opportunities and experiences are the school's greatest attribute. A community garden, mobile computer lab, technology club that builds computers for charity, ACT prep course, and foreign language instruction beginning is pre K, are just a few.

Posted October 12, 2010

I am a parishioner and the school has a wish list that they would like to have. It is a great parish and school!

Posted September 23, 2009

My grandchildren attend St. Patrick's School and, for the past three years, I have volunteered in various capacities. Many improvements have been made which have helped St. Patrick's change from a good school to an excellent school. Parents volunteer in many ways to assist the teachers and administration. Watch Dog Dads, an excellent program started last year, has made a big impact on the school, giving dads a way to participate, as well as provide security for students. Students are active participants in Computer Club, Science Club, Boy and Girl Scouts, etc. Our new priest, Father Shawn, takes an active interest in the school and its students. The teachers are very caring individuals and all students get along well together. St. Patrick's School provides a true feeling of a family community. I am pleased my grandchildren attend this school.

Posted September 18, 2009

As a teacher, the principal does not have a 'hands off' approach; the principals primary concern is that of the students in her care. Everything she does is for the students. Teachers also take a hands on approach; students don't just learn at St. Pats they grow as Christian individuals. The teachers are highly qualified in the subject matter. Last year alone students won awards in the areas of speaking, writing and science. I am proud to be a part of such a wonderful and thriving team.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 18, 2009

St Pat's school provides an excellent atmosphere for my children to develop leadership skills. There are many programs to participate in and great opportunities for parents to get involved. The new renovations are excellent. The addition of boy scouts, girl scouts, and Watch D.O.G.S. program has made a great school even better. I can't say enough good things about this wonderful school.

Posted September 18, 2009

I thank my parents every day for sending me to st patricks. the field trips are awesome (such as the conservation center and harvesters) and I love that we do science fair and tech club. In my opinion it is the best in the northland!
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 17, 2009

St. Patrick is an amazing school. Since a renovation and staff changes made last year, it seems to just keep improving. The teachers often think of innovative ways to teach the students the basics and are constantly providing challenges for students. We are beyond satisfied with the level of education our children are receiving.

Posted September 17, 2009

Academics is the focus at St. Patrick School. The administration and the faculty have high expectations for all students. Great things are happening at St. Patrick! Just to mention a few: Academically 1. Eighth grade students attend Algebra class at Pius. 2. Participation in the Duke Talent Identification Program. 3. Eighth Graders compete in a High School Model UN conference. 4. Students enter and win writing competitions. KOC 5. Participation in the Greater KC Science Fair. 6. Middle School specials meet twice per week (Art, Music, Spanish, Computer and PE) Spiritually 1. Student-led weekly masses 2. Weekly adoration 3. Service for others Harvesters Habitat for Humanity landscaping Adopt a Family Community Garden Kick it for Kory Food Pantry Extra-curricular activities 1. Technology Club 2. Science Club 3. Children's Choir 4. Writing Rodeo 5. Athletics General Information: The school received the following grants: State Farm Service Learning National Catholic Education Association Sisters of Charity Educational Grant Technology Grant Missouri Dept. of Conservation Parishoners donate funds/materials/time for enrichment activities/projects.

Posted September 13, 2009

Leadership and academics lack at this school. The principal has a 'hands off' attitude and is only interested in her own interests and not that of the schools'. I will be seeking other options for my child.

Posted August 26, 2009

St. Patrick School underwent a huge renovation starting in the 07/08 school year. Now it is all complete. The school looks amazing. New teachers have been hired, a new Priest has taken over and the energy from the students is amazing. Out of all the Catholic Schools we looked at in the Northland, St. Patrick School was by far the best for our children.

Posted March 9, 2009

We recently transferred our child from a public school and found St. Pats to be a breath of fresh air. The faculty has improved significantly over the past 3-4 years. The new physical improvements are top notch. Thus far, I have nothing but great things to say about it.

Posted December 2, 2008

Great school. Great new leadership and dedicated faculty.

Asian 19% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 3% N/A
Two or more races 3% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1401 NE 42nd Ter