Rockhurst High School

Private | 9-12 | 1073 students

Living in Kansas City

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $116,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Sweep tile

Posted August 16, 2012

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam. This is best school I could have ever made the choice of attending. I'm a stronger person, better man, loving, caring religious, open to growth, and more intelligent than ever before.

Posted December 14, 2011

I would definitely describe Rockhurst as a great school. If you are willing to put forth the effort, you will do well there. I am currently a freshman, and I love the school. I have already made several friends in this great community.

Posted August 31, 2010

The parent that posted below about Rockhurst being bad obviously has never been to the place. If they had been, they would know that there are no phones allowed at any time, especially not at mass, and the teachers make sure of it, and the rules at Rock are more strict than most other schools across the nation. The reason we can be around school until late is because we can be trusted and we don't start trouble. I have been a student at Rockhurst for three years, and there has not once been a fight there. So, to the parent below, spend one month at Rockhurst, and then try to say what you said below is true.

Posted March 11, 2010

I'm a student-athlete at Rockhurst Highschool. To the parent who clearly has no idea what Rockhurst is about you are very wrong. I have seen ZERO fights my freshman year. And theft? if there is any theft Dean Alvey or a faculty member clear it up quickly. Rockhurst has already had a positive effect on me in only 2 semesters. My grades have improved, my athletic ability has skyrocketed thanks to all Coaches, and my confidence is through the roof. It would be an investment for the future of anyone's son to send him to Rockhurst. If you pay for your son to attend this school I can gaurentee you will have less to pay for college because this school will prepare your son to achieve a scholarship in any area. To the unknowledable parent I wish you hadn't jeopardized your son's future too badly.

Posted December 9, 2008

I currently attend Rockhurst High School and it is, without question, the best descision my parents, and myself, have made throughout the course of my life. I started Rockhurst a weesley freshman with no course in life. I did not have many friends and ran for student government freshman year and lost badly to only one other candidate. In responce to the review posted by an obviously unhappy parent- You could not be more wrong about the spirit of the school itself. I will be the first to admit, there have been a few occasions of stealing in the past but they are always taken care of and I can almost assure you that the students who take part in such misconduct do not make it through senior year. I am now the vice president of the student body as a senior. The school is incredible if you can afford it.

Posted November 17, 2008

I didnt know what to expect when I sent my son from the public school system, to this religious based school. Let me tell you, my son is a lot more appreciative, challenged intellectually, emotionally, and his standards are higher as a young man, a soccer team member, student, in general as a human being. The brotherhood kinship that is preached is also lived. He expects better of himself and thought its been a change, it looks like this sacrifice will be worth more than my words can describe.He is teaching me how to be a better person, because of what he learns!!!!! I truly love him and want the best for him always. Rockhurst is the best!!!!!

Posted October 21, 2008

I have no idea where this parent got such an idea posted 09/19/08. Our 4th son is currently there and I have never known Rockhurst to be as it was described in the review, and we've been there since 1995. My sons and their friends, some football players, but most not, are wonderful young adults who studied hard in college, graduated, got good jobs, no one is doing drugs, or has been in jail. I have to think their high school had something to do with it. There is stealing at every school, ask the parents. If anyone wants to donate the money for security cameras all over the school, go ahead. My sons nor their friends have ever been involved in a fight at school. 2 of mine were quiet and 2 more out-going. All found friends and did fine there.

Posted October 10, 2008

I really don't know what the parent is talking about who says things are out of control at Rockhurst. My son is a senior there and is not a jock at all, he has no interest in sports of any kind. And he loves Rockhurst and has never been bullied. He routinely stays till around 5:00, which is when I pick him up and I've never seen anything out of control, just a bunch of boys sitting around talking or playing football outside. There will always be thefts, I'm sure there are far fewer than at other schools. Rockhurst is a great school.

Posted September 22, 2008

As a recently graduated student and an executive officer in Student Government, Rockhurst does have security cameras on campus, and a tight knit security system inside the school, and a security company who monitors the parking lot during school hours. Kids that are there until 5:00 are there because they are involved in extra curricular activities. Although sports are big at Rockhurst, that is not what we are about. Anyone who has ever gone to school at this institution, along with the faculty can tell you that. During my four years at Rockhurst, there were two fights, Rockhurst is a brotherhood. Rockhurst takes teenagers and molds them into intelligent young men who are more than prepared for college and the real world. If you want your child to be prepared for the world and to succeed, send them to Rockhurst, it is an investment that pays back.

Posted September 19, 2008

Students are out of control, stealing is rampant, no cameras on campus, no one watch kids who hang around on campus until 5:00 pm. Vandalism to other students possessions is a daily occurrence. Sports are the only thing that is important and this school is Catholic in name only. There is regular mass, requirement to attend, boys text message all during mass. There are no resource officers or staff to watch boys and what do you think a bunch of unsupervised boys do? They steal, vandalize and beat up who they think they can. If you have a son who is not a fighter, who is not good at standing up for himself against being bullied on a regular basis - don't send him here.

Posted April 22, 2008

As a recent graduate of Rockhurst, I can tell the effect that it has had on me. It's a community unlike any other. It strengthens young men, preparing them for life past high school. I wouldn't have wanted to go to school anywhere else.

Posted December 11, 2007

I love this school, it really challenges you to be your best. Rockhurst is preparing to be the most successful person I can be. I know I made the right choice

Posted June 20, 2006

Great school for a child that is willing to put an effort into his education. Great fundamentals in education as well as being 'a man for others' Boys go into Rockhurst and come out confident well educated young men. The boys are taught that love and compassion for others can go hand in hand with a drive for sucess

Posted January 30, 2006

I am pleased by the way Rockhurst has drawn the best from my son and helped him become a well rounded young man. His brother will also attend rockhurst.

Posted January 10, 2005

it is a very good school for men to learn and grow.

Posted February 14, 2004

I am a recent graduate of Rockhurst High School, and being a part of the community (yes, it's more than just a school; it's a community) is probably the proudest achievement to which I can lay claim. Rockhurst is the best all around school I can imagine, and I highly recommend it.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 2, 2004

Rockhurst is a wonderful learning institution. They believe their students are an investment and work very hard toward that end. It shows. It is a community, not just a school. I recommend it highly.

Asian 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All boys
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • JSEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9301 State Line Rd