9-12|Private
1,089 students

Bad
Good

Posted February 04, 2016
My brother, who went to Rockhurst and, ultimately earned a Doctorate of Medicine, told me that of all the schools he went to Rockhurst was the school that gave him the best education. Rockhurst taught him to think critically which has been of greatest benefit to him. The other institutions did not stress critical thinking but a preponderance of fact.

Posted August 16, 2012
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam. This is best school I could have ever made the choice of attending. I'm a stronger person, better man, loving, caring religious, open to growth, and more intelligent than ever before.

Posted December 14, 2011
I would definitely describe Rockhurst as a great school. If you are willing to put forth the effort, you will do well there. I am currently a freshman, and I love the school. I have already made several friends in this great community.

Posted August 31, 2010
The parent that posted below about Rockhurst being bad obviously has never been to the place. If they had been, they would know that there are no phones allowed at any time, especially not at mass, and the teachers make sure of it, and the rules at Rock are more strict than most other schools across the nation. The reason we can be around school until late is because we can be trusted and we don't start trouble. I have been a student at Rockhurst for three years, and there has not once been a fight there. So, to the parent below, spend one month at Rockhurst, and then try to say what you said below is true.

Posted March 11, 2010
I'm a student-athlete at Rockhurst Highschool. To the parent who clearly has no idea what Rockhurst is about you are very wrong. I have seen ZERO fights my freshman year. And theft? if there is any theft Dean Alvey or a faculty member clear it up quickly. Rockhurst has already had a positive effect on me in only 2 semesters. My grades have improved, my athletic ability has skyrocketed thanks to all Coaches, and my confidence is through the roof. It would be an investment for the future of anyone's son to send him to Rockhurst. If you pay for your son to attend this school I can gaurentee you will have less to pay for college because this school will prepare your son to achieve a scholarship in any area. To the unknowledable parent I wish you hadn't jeopardized your son's future too badly.

Posted December 09, 2008
I currently attend Rockhurst High School and it is, without question, the best descision my parents, and myself, have made throughout the course of my life. I started Rockhurst a weesley freshman with no course in life. I did not have many friends and ran for student government freshman year and lost badly to only one other candidate. In responce to the review posted by an obviously unhappy parent- You could not be more wrong about the spirit of the school itself. I will be the first to admit, there have been a few occasions of stealing in the past but they are always taken care of and I can almost assure you that the students who take part in such misconduct do not make it through senior year. I am now the vice president of the student body as a senior. The school is incredible if you can afford it.

Posted November 17, 2008
I didnt know what to expect when I sent my son from the public school system, to this religious based school. Let me tell you, my son is a lot more appreciative, challenged intellectually, emotionally, and his standards are higher as a young man, a soccer team member, student, in general as a human being. The brotherhood kinship that is preached is also lived. He expects better of himself and thought its been a change, it looks like this sacrifice will be worth more than my words can describe.He is teaching me how to be a better person, because of what he learns!!!!! I truly love him and want the best for him always. Rockhurst is the best!!!!!

Posted October 21, 2008
I have no idea where this parent got such an idea posted 09/19/08. Our 4th son is currently there and I have never known Rockhurst to be as it was described in the review, and we've been there since 1995. My sons and their friends, some football players, but most not, are wonderful young adults who studied hard in college, graduated, got good jobs, no one is doing drugs, or has been in jail. I have to think their high school had something to do with it. There is stealing at every school, ask the parents. If anyone wants to donate the money for security cameras all over the school, go ahead. My sons nor their friends have ever been involved in a fight at school. 2 of mine were quiet and 2 more out-going. All found friends and did fine there.

Posted October 10, 2008
I really don't know what the parent is talking about who says things are out of control at Rockhurst. My son is a senior there and is not a jock at all, he has no interest in sports of any kind. And he loves Rockhurst and has never been bullied. He routinely stays till around 5:00, which is when I pick him up and I've never seen anything out of control, just a bunch of boys sitting around talking or playing football outside. There will always be thefts, I'm sure there are far fewer than at other schools. Rockhurst is a great school.

Posted September 22, 2008
As a recently graduated student and an executive officer in Student Government, Rockhurst does have security cameras on campus, and a tight knit security system inside the school, and a security company who monitors the parking lot during school hours. Kids that are there until 5:00 are there because they are involved in extra curricular activities. Although sports are big at Rockhurst, that is not what we are about. Anyone who has ever gone to school at this institution, along with the faculty can tell you that. During my four years at Rockhurst, there were two fights, Rockhurst is a brotherhood. Rockhurst takes teenagers and molds them into intelligent young men who are more than prepared for college and the real world. If you want your child to be prepared for the world and to succeed, send them to Rockhurst, it is an investment that pays back.

9301 State Line Road, Kansas City, MO  64114