No rating

Holy Cross Lutheran School

Private | PK-8

Living in Kansas City

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $112,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Posted August 3, 2012

I love Holy Cross. I have had my kids here for about three years. The teachers in the infant room are the most caring and loving people. They are very attentive to what you want for your child and work with your wishes. My daughter has attended all the way to the oldest preschool class. They offer crafts, a music teacher that comes in, and water play in the summer time. My son is in the two year old room now with Miss Lindsey. She has changed and grown for the better since that last posting in 2010... I get a full report every day on what is going on and always feel my child has been attended to. I have even came in on surprise visits to be sure and they are always doing crafts, circle time, or other activities. She is very calm with them all and does a good job with structure. Overall, the best place I could ask for sad I am moving away!!

Posted December 25, 2010

My daughter has attended from the 3rd grade until the 5th. Mrs Williams works with the students on an individual level which has made a vast difference in my daughters math skills. Parents are always welcome to visit and this practice assures that the children are continually learning and in a safe family friendly environment.

Posted November 16, 2010

No school has more loving and supportive teachers than HC. As a parent of a child who has attended HC for almost two years, I am impressed with the love & care they show for my child. I think people need to remember that often preschool workers are EXTREMELY underpaid for the work they do. Please remember that the teachers give the children the freedom to have a fun time playing outside & while that means they may get a bit dirty, it doesn't mean that the teachers don't care. As far as I am concerned, if my child is obviously learning and enjoys going to school, then a few dirty faces and dripping noses are fine by me. Also, I would suggest that as a parent, you take time to get to know the teachers on a personal level. Sometimes if a parent seems to be judgmental or complains a lot, it is difficult for a teacher to be joyful with that parent at each interaction. Maybe thanking your teacher, or finding a way to connect with them would be a better way of going about it, than just blaming them for your child's face and nose. Just a thought! As for HC, you could find no finer school. I am thankful for HC and it's staff. I know my child is loved, challenged & cared for!!

Posted November 3, 2010

We have had our son at Holy Cross for a year now.When he was in the infant/toddler room it was great.The staff there was attentive and caring.But he was moved into the 2yr old room and it has gone downhill.The staff are basically babysitters.My son comes home covered in dirt and mucus.They won't clean their faces.We have had issues with a Lindsey that works thier in the afternoons.Her demeanor and attitude is unprofessional and flippant.She seems to can't be bothered telling you about your Childs day.That also can't seem to remember if they gave your child medication!!Overall,I would take my child here if you don't have to deal with Lindsey who watchs the 2 and 3 year olds.

Posted August 13, 2009

You couldn't ask for a better set of teachers and activities. They are so structured with the kids, and the teachers have been there forever. My kids will go there until they start regular school.

Posted May 29, 2009

The child care staff at Holy Cross are wonderful! It's a family oriented atmosphere... staff and families are like one big family! They are very loving and caring and do a terrific job teaching the children. My daughter absolutely loves going there every morning... she has made lots of good friends and has learned so much! We will be sad leaving this fall to go to kindergarten.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2003 NE Englewood Road