No rating

Calvary Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 347 students

Living in Kansas City

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $116,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted April 19, 2012

My son has been attending Calvary Lutheran School since he was 18 months old. He's now finishing up Kindergarten, and we could not be happier with the quality of education he's receiving. He's reading fluently at a first grade level and beyond, and his writing, math, art and music skills are remarkable. We attribute his success to his wonderful teacher and the nurturing classroom environment she provides. Our second son is in Preschool at Calvary, and he's doing equally well. His teachers love him so much, and we love them, too. Calvary Lutheran School is a community of faith, friendship and academic excellence. It's a very happy environment where kids can explore their interests, try new things and share their thoughts without fear of judgment or bullying. For our family, Calvary just feels like "home." We've made strong friendships with the other families and look forward to seeing our kids grow up together. I would heartily recommend Calvary to any Kansas City family that's looking for an excellent education and enriching school environment for their child. You don't have to be Lutheran to attend. Calvary is for everyone, and it's truly one of the best schools in the city.

Posted February 24, 2011

This our first year at the Wornall campus and we are very blessed to have found Calvary. Calvary provides an excellent foundation for young children and they have a wonderful supportive staff who is sincere and dedicated to what they do.

Posted October 11, 2010

Because my grandchildren are getting a terrific education there and being taught good values.

Posted October 6, 2010

My child gets everything she needs academically and for life.

Posted October 6, 2010

Calvary has been a cornerstone to the community for many decades and having attended some time back can see the value it has added to my life and to those around me.

Posted October 6, 2010

I have been a member of the church for many years and sent my children to the school from k-8. Children get a good Christian education. My children die benefit from the edlucatio received at Calavry.

Posted May 17, 2010

Calvary offers the BEST christian education around! The teachers live by the morals and values they teach! The curriculum is outstanding and my children are thriving!

Posted May 12, 2010

I love Calvary because they provide an excellent Christian education for my children. It is a small, close knit school where you feel at home. I also went to Calvary when I was a little girl and was very excited that my children could also attend there.

Posted May 8, 2010

They provide an excellent education and great spiritual guidance in a caring environment.

Posted October 7, 2009

I love Calvary because it is home! The teachers and staff are awesome. I feel that they are an extension of the beliefs that we have at home. The quality of the education is top notch!

Posted October 6, 2009

The cost of this private christian school is very reasonable specifically when you compare the level of education your child receives! Calvary students test very well compared to students in other private & public schools! Our teachers provide strong instruction in academics and christian principles with just the right balance. The school also provides a good mix of extra-curricular activies; including music, arts, sports, and academic bowls. Parent involvement is a significant addition to the close-knit environment. If you are looking for a small classroom setting your child can grow in academically and spiritually, you need look no further than Calvary Lutheran Schools!

Posted October 4, 2009

I graduated from Calvary and my oldest graduted from there as well. The administration is very caring and helps each child in a unique way.

Posted September 30, 2009

Calvary is a good school because the love of Christ is shown from each and everyone of its teachers.

Posted September 30, 2009

They taught my children with an exceptional academic program coupled with Christian moral values

Posted September 27, 2009

I like the fact that they are teaching children to be good people and also to be good people in relation to their world.

Posted September 27, 2009

Provides opportunity for education in a faith-based setting!

Posted September 25, 2009

They have the best teachers and EEC program.

Posted September 24, 2009

It is a Christian school with strong academic standards and it has great community! Teachers are amazingly caring and capable!

Posted September 23, 2009

The teachers are great. They really care about the kids education and teaching them about Christ.

Posted September 23, 2009

The closeness you feel with the parents, kids and teachers

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • NAEYC
Fax number
  • (816) 361-5979

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7500 Oak Street