K-10|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 19, 2011
It is a great school for our kids, strong Academic background, strong Islamic education, builds strong Islamic character in the students, my kids were in the public school, and now they are in the Islamic school, I just want to say that there is a big difference between a teacher who cares and a teacher who does not care, once i went to ask a teacher about my son, she started looking in here grading book, and she said I don't know the names, she only knows how to grade the students. The teachers in the Islamic school care about the students like they are their own kids. and they push them forward. They might lack resources, but that makes them creative in their own way. Academically, when i moved my son to the Islamic school, i asked him what is the difference? he answered I'm actually learning in this school. so it is easy to criticize but we have to remember that people have different abilities.

Posted January 04, 2011
There is certainly room for improvement in any other private school. If you want your "child to learn in a high quality school" you will need to pay high quality tution. Most of us are not willing to pay a moderate tution to cover the cost of education for out kids but want to live in a nice home and drive a late model car. Public school kids cost tax payers about $7,300 a year. Most Islamic Schools charge about half of that. Islamic schools don't have the resouces elite private schools have. We parents are not willing to pay and most of us are not willing to spend the time at home to reinforce what our children learn at school. I have 6 of my 7 children in the Islamic school and they perform better than public school kids in addition to learning Arabic, Islamci studies and Quran. "everyone is someone's relative" because you and I chose to go after a higher paying jobs. Those in charge are left with a very few options, to convince those who know to teach for very little money. Get involved and support your Islamic School to get better instead of just complaining.

Posted January 08, 2009
This school is great because it provides great learning experiances for you.Although this school might not have all the resources to provide the students the learning envoirent is great.I really think muslim kids should be put in this school because thay will learn things about islam that thier parents couldnt even teach them.

Islamic School of Greater Kansas City

Posted September 18, 2008
The school offers: #1 a strong Islamic environment where your child can really develop a strong Muslim identity #2 academically, our school has scored above National scores in all areas of the Stanford and ITBS standardized tests. We have alumni who are now Doctors or in med school, engineers or in engineering school, lawyers or are in law school, and many other highly educated fields. MashaAllah. My oldest son has attended the school since he was 3 yrs old and now is 18, graduated from ISGKC with 42 college credits under his belt and is not finishing his Associates in Engineering in order to transfer to KU as a Jr. #3 The teachers and administrators do care deeply for every child to suceed. THESE TO ME ARE THE IMPORTANT THINGS regarding a school, NOT THE POLITICS that may be at play.

Islamic School of Greater Kansas City 2

Posted August 23, 2008
The Good. Islamic environment is it. The level of education is not there, the teachers lack training, experiance or even the ability to follow the programs outlined in the books. I want my child to learn in a high quality school and this is not it. The managment is not able to manage, the school is a mess everyone is everyone elses relative and no enforcment of the basic regulations. As for Quran and Arabic, forget it. My daughter can tell you 50 Arabic words but can't put a sentence togather. Quran is memorization as high speed. No understanding what so ever.

Islamic School of Greater Kansas City 4

Posted October 04, 2007
Small class sizes, teachers really DO care about student performance, strong academic background, strong Islamic education, students develope strong Islamic identity...now, the negatives: few resources (financial as well as physical), lack of counselling for high school students (ACT/SAT prep). The school is truly blessed dispite the areas of needed improvement. I would ALWAYS choose the Islamic School of Greater Kansas City over a public school anyday.

Posted August 07, 2007
Hello/salamualaykum. The teaching standard in this school is high. I learned a lot because the teachers weren't only good, but were creative. I remember going to public school, and being the top of the class in Math especially. Only one drawback is SAT/ACT prep. The child must understand how important these tests are, and its not ISGKC's responsiblity prepare them exclusively. This is a weak case, as the school has much more to offer than academics. The school builds in the child a strong personality as a Muslim and a human being, one who worships and thinks about others before themselves. So alumnis, be knowledgeable, commited, contributing citizens. Thank you

Posted January 16, 2007
I have been in the Islamic School of Greater Kansas City for 10 years. I left the school at the end of my 8th grade level. Mashallah it has influenced my on my Islamic behavior. This is the best Islamic school in the Kansas City area. Today I am a freshman at Park Hill High. With my experience in both public and private schools, I have concluded that when it come to teaching your kids on how to behave, ISGKC is the place to send them. Parents who do not have time to teach their kids about Islam should send them to ISGKC. My sister is in 2nd grade and she has memorized 10 hadeeths in Arabic and their meanings. The only negative part of this school is their education from 9th and up. The school is unable to provide electives. That can be fixed with your help.

Islamic School of Greater Kansas City
10007 James A Reed Rd, Kansas City, MO  64134
Last modified Islamic School of Greater Kansas City is a Private school that serves grades K-10