446 students|Allen Village

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Allen Village School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 18, 2016
The teachers maintain a constant communication with parents and expect nothing but the best from students

Allen Village School 5

Posted January 18, 2016
We have had nothing but wonderful experiences at Allen Village. Before my 1st grader started last year, I heard nothing but rave reviews. Im happy my daughter is a student here, everyone we've encountered so far is excellent, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this school to others!!!! Stacey Rosa

Allen Village School 2

Posted September 02, 2014
I am a parent of a current student, academically the school is good but the administration and teachers are very rude and arrogant. It is difficulty to have healthy parent and teacher relationships at Allen Village. I would not recommend this school and I plan on pulling my child out next year. This school is not all that people say it is.

Posted May 27, 2014
We move to Kansas City from another state and were attracted to this charter school because the Kansas City school district is unaccredited. At first glance this was a perfect school. Until my child came home and told me how a teacher yelled at a classmate for being late to class with no pass because a teacher did not give the student a pass. Later that students parents were called into the school and the child was threatened with expulsion even though the teacher was in the wrong for yelling at the student and the TEACHER who did not provide a pass was the cause. Later that student and two of their siblings were kicked out of the school because the PRINCIPAL did not hire a nurse, and one of the children required a nurse. The school then went on to hold those childrens records for over a month, preventing them from enrolling into school, thus interferring with the education of 3 children. After learning of this situation I removed my child an warn others against enrollment. The principal is CRAZY and was fired from the KCPS because she is CRAZY. The school is staffed by her sons, daughters, cousins etc...you will be better off in public school or the school that starts kids at 5th

Posted May 27, 2014
they are irresponsible people that need to teach better without iggnornce and the teachers think they know everything and im fed u with there attitudes really gets on my nerves

Allen Village School 3

Posted August 28, 2013
Hi, I'm a concerned parent with a child who attends Allen Village High School. It would be a very nice school, if their was more learning, and compassion for students. Also a higher teacher student ratio. Together with the learning process, along with parent involvement I think we'd have all the steps to make this all come together. You have to think you can, and know you can what ever the challenge is you can. My main concern is the Attorney hired for discipline and suspensions. He makes you feel as if your child was a convicted felon or something. He's most uncomfortable. I would think that after a parent has experienced this endeavor with him, they would reconsider enrollment there. So Parents, please go inside of the book, and not just the cover. Thank you.

Allen Village School 3

Posted July 08, 2013
My girls have been going to Allen Village for 2 years. I feel I have a great relationship with both my girls teacher's. One of my daughters had an issue with being bullied the first year she was there and her teacher took care of that issue quickly and continued to follow up with her, to make sure it was not reoccurring. I, however, do not agree with the principal having family that are students and teachers at the school. Obliviously there is favoritism to these individuals that is noticed by other students and parents.

Posted October 28, 2012
This is not a quality school. The principal and the rest of her staff are rude, self serving and extremely disrespectful to the students and their parents. Pick a different school where the teachers opinion of you does not affect your childs education or self esteem.

Allen Village School 2

Posted August 28, 2012
My children have been attending this school for a few years and I am disappointed with this school. The attitude of the staff has taken on an arrogant attitude since the disaccreditation of the KCMO school system. I have gifted children and instead of working with my children they put them back because they don't want to work with them. My child is at least 3 grade levels ahead of the current grade they are placed in. This school runs like an army. No mercy for anyone. All the rules apply for the students but the teachers and staff are allowed to break rules. There is no nurse. The teacher turnover rate is high. If you want a quality school with growth for your child and to know they are being challanged and are being worked with at school and cared for this is not the right school. If you want a school that treats your child as a number and not a child or student then this is the right place for you.

Posted August 20, 2012
Great teachers are hired at this school, but they are demeaned and demoralized by the principal, who clearly encourages them to do the same to students. My children were there for 5 (the first 3 without incident-until my wife and I spoke up for our children) years and I watched good teachers become nervous hamsters who cowered under the iron hand of the principal. There was much talk from many of my kids' teachers about controlling the children so they wouldn't lose their jobs. Their is no PTA or SAC and no extra-curricular activities...no debate, no basketball, tennis chess - nothing! Children can be happy here if the do not express an opinion, stay quiet at all times and do not smile...that's disrespectful. Students are presumed troublemakers and on the many occasions I was in the school, I heard children being berated and embarrassed loudly and in front of others. Here's the cherry on top: The five administrators, not to mention countless other employees, are all related to the principal by blood or marriage, Still considering this school? Ask about teacher turnover... and how many fired teachers who weren't 'good enough' are now principals or vice principals elsewhere.

Allen Village School
706 West 42nd St, Kansas City, MO  64111
Last modified Allen Village School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen Village School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top