Bad
Good

Students can learn in a well diversified environment and have a broadened sense of the world.

An excellent charter school in the heart of Kansas City. This French-immersion school is a reason to stay in KC and raise a family. The parent community is excellent and caring about the school. The teachers come from all over the world, bringing their authenticity, their caring and their culture with them. Leadership is excellent, with growth, education and culture at the forefront.

As an alumna of Acad mie Lafayette, I credit much of my success in high school and college to the environment fostered at the school. I was very successful in high school French classes at a Shawnee Mission public school, and am able to get a minor in French by only taking two more classes because of the credits I got from proficiency tests. I am able to speak French fluently, though I have more difficulty writing since that was not emphasized while I was a student. Having worked there in addition to being a former student, I can attest to how wonderful and invested the teachers are, and I have maintained relationships with many of them. I feel incredibly blessed to have been exposed to so many different world views because of the diverse staff. When I was there, I was lucky to be a part of a student body that was also incredibly diverse-- racially and socioeconomically-- though I noticed a change in this after I graduated and while my younger sister was still a student. I am very grateful that my parents sent me to Acad mie Lafayette, and despite my few qualms, I maintain that it is one of the best institutions in Kansas City.

I am impressed with the education my children have received at Academie Lafayette. I have a sixth, third, and first grade student. When first hearing about the school I was excited about my first having the opportunity to become fluent in French. I was hesitant about my children spending the majority of their day learning in French, but after several years and several kids I am a believer. I believe it is because of their French Immersion education that my children are above grade level English readers, hard workers, and have a great grasp of Math and Science concept. Academie Lafayette has a diverse student population, unrivaled by any metro school, a global teaching staff, and tremendous parental involvement.

My kids have learned so much! The teachers are fantastic. I am so impressed with how much progress my kids have made compared to their previous school. We moved to Kansas City from Shawnee, KS, and were looking at sending our kids to private school, but then we found Lafayette, and thought let's try it for a year. Well its now been 3 years and we don't regret it.

This is an excellent school!! We feel very fortunate to have our daughter attending. The staff and teachers do an amazing job keeping kids engaged and eager to learn more.

Academie Lafayette is an awesome public educational start for every child! The teachers are great, and they use their knowledge to educate and improve the students ability. Although though parents must put in hard work as well, it is so worth it for the future of their childs education. I have a 4th and 2nd grader who can speak, read, and write in French and English. That is an experience that many public schools do not offer, in addition to maintaining successful academics. I believe Academie Lafayette is preparing my children as scholars for college.

Can't say enough good things! After one year my 6 year old can carry on full conversations in French. He had an amazing teacher and really flourished. There is such a good feeling of community and parents really get involved...the extra-curriculars could be more organized but I can give that a pass. So happy to have a gem like this in the heart of the city!

Amazing, amazing school! So glad that my daughter got in last year and excited about starting 1st grade. She sings French songs, carries conversations with her teachers and classmates in French and challenged academically. Stayed in the city because of Academie Lafayette and couldn't be more happy.

This is a fantastic school. We would pay tuition to send our kids here. Not only are the test scores amazing, but the kids learn to embrace and celebrate diversity (not just race, but cultures and backgrounds and even French accents, etc). My favorite anecdote is that in this post 9/11 era, my son't first exposure to a woman wearing a hijab was his Kindergarten teacher - not some scary image from the news media. His teacher, a wonderful educator from Algeria, taught him to speak beautiful French and even a word or two in Arabic. That doesn't happen at just any school...this place is special.

Last modified Academie Lafayette is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.