Bad
Good

Brookside is a very bad school...They don't teach you good,when my daughter went to a school named hartman,She had straight A's but now at Brookside she has mostly Basics and perfishant. Brooksode is the worst school in the world,The teachers are very rude and so are the principles,So I recommend everyone not going to Brookside. Its a horrible school

It is true that Brookside has been through a large growth period with unintended effects--both positive and negative. I feel that the school is back on track and headed for a bright future. Along with the 11.5 million dollar expansion, Brookside Charter students are now allowed (along with Academie Lafayette students) to attend University Academy for high school. This is another public charter option that has been a Newsweek Top 25 High School for four years.

I have been a parent with children at Brookside for many years. I'm very happy as are my children at this school. I feel that there is a tremendous amount of support from administration and teachers. If I have ever had a problem with anything I can go to them and work out a resolution quickly. My children have loved all their teachers through the years. They are very happy and striving at Brookside!

My first review of Brookside was positive. However, after years I have witnessed a steady decline in the performance and care shown by the administration and teachers. There has been a great deal of change at Brookside and none of it in my opinion has been beneficial to the students. Roger Offeild now with great power and control is the most uncaring and arrogant administrator I have ever encountered. Why the school would put this man in charge is beyond my understanding. Communication is as poor as the schools preparation and performance on standardized tests. Do yourself a favor and consider other charter or private schools in the area. There are also some high performing schools within the KCMO distract. I don't know what this school's agenda is but it is not education. There are few qualified and caring teachers and the administration is terrible.

Brookside Charter School really let me down. My son started in the Pre-K program. Mrs Stillwell was the director. Very Nice Program. The problems started when he moved to Kdg. Mr Roger Offield is a horrible principal. He has no structure built for the school, and nor him or the teachers in their early 20's straight out of college have the proper training to deal with the kids in our community. I feel like everyone shows up to get a check. If it was not for me staying up late nights working with my son he would not be on the level he is on today. Brookside was just a babysitter for me, because when I visited my son kdg class it was like a zoo. Out of maybe 10 kids including my son only 1 kid was focused. Others were up around doing as they pleased around the class, including my son as the teacher taught with her back turned. As much as i wanted to put my son in line...I sat there to see what goes on. And no, this was not a snapshot of one day. My Husband sat in the class two weeks later and had the same feedback, not knowing what i experienced myself. Shame on you Mr Offield. And now he is being promoted to Director...I can see the school will be shut down in the next year or two.

When my grandaughter started atttending Brookside Charter School it was very organized, small number of students in classroom. The teachers cared and worked with the students. All the teachers that were there when my granddaughter sarted have left except for about 6 teachers. That's sends up a red flag. We are considering sending our grandchild to another charter school or a private school. We are very disappointed in administration.

I feel this school is the worst school ever. I thought it was wonderful when i first got there after switching from University Academy but I hate it there. There is an abundance of drama and bullying that the teachers and administration do not handle. Also the teachers do not prepare the students for standardized testing. They just give the students work and expect us to know it and know what we need to know for standardized testing. I, in conclusion, think Brookside Charter School is a very bad school and I regret leaving University Academy (the best school EVER). P.S. My name is Krishon Harris and I am an 8th grad student.

My school is very helpful to the students. The 8th Graders are preparing for an Algebra I EOC and they teacher, Mr. Weischedel, is helping humongously with the number of 14 in the classroom.

This school is awesome and is on the rise in the KCMO district. I was concerned about the negative reviews, but this school ROCKS! The teachers have real enthusiasm and concern for all of the kids in their classes. Administration seems very supportive of the teachers and are efficient in meetings I have had with them. School is very recommended.

Brookside is a fantastic school! My son started here when he was in Kindergarten, and now he is in fourth grade. He is excelling in all subjects, making friends, and all of his teachers have been very communicative about any issues that arise with him at school. I'm glad this school is here! I'm not sure what we would do without it.

Last modified Brookside Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.