237 students|Center 58

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Red Bridge Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2016
My daughter started going to Red Bridge last year, for Kindergarden. She's currently in 1st grade and they incorporated "looping" (meaning the children stayed wth the same teacher they had the previous years). Anywho, I must say, I am NOT impressed. As an educated, young black mother, I have my own expectations of what school and academia should be. RBE isn't it. Actually, Center School District isn't it! They inflate their test scores; trust me. I graduated from the High School, they... (I'll post what I need to say about the HS under their name). I digress. My child was suffering in math. I didn't know that until her report card came home. She gets math homework every night, homework that she had been doing on her own for the most part. I had no clear indication that math was a problem area for her. When I talked with the teacher, I came up with my own game plan as to how to proceed; the teacher only wanted to send home extra worksheets. Which brings me to my next point: I'm so tired of the worksheets being used as buffers or attention grabbers for teachers. They need hands on, modular examples and etc., to fully experience the subjects they are learning. Moreover, her teacher recently sent me an email stating she cleaned my daughter's desk out and was sending home her incomplete work. No problem right? Why was there almost 20 worksheets NOT COMPLETED? If the governing mission is "No Child Left Behind" why in the hell wasn't this missing work not caught by the teacher long before having to go through her desk? (Or maybe they do THAT many worksheets in a given week...) either way, I don't approve and that's just not acceptable. I give this school a rating of 2. There aren't ANY black teachers, only black staff. There was NO MENTION of Black History Month either year (luckily I handle that at home). I am happy to say that she will NOT be going back. If you're looking for a decent elementary school in this district, send your child to Boone Elementary School. I used to work there and the teachers are amazing.

Red Bridge Elementary School 5

Posted January 20, 2016
We have 2 children who attend this school. A kindergartner and a 2nd grader. We love the environment and my kids are challenged. They have homework every night and the school is very on top of modern technology. Test scores are fantastic as well. The last thing I will say is that Principal Shannon is top notch. We are very happy our children attend Red Bridge.

Red Bridge Elementary School 5

Posted November 01, 2012
Red Bridge is the BEST school!! I have read the reviews below and all I can say is that it must have really changed since 2010. The staff is amazing. I drive my daughter to school and every morning the principle opens the car door and greets her! Her teacher thrives on finding new and exciting things for the students to do to go over and above the cirriculm. If you are in Center 58, Red Bridge is going to give your child the collage bound, academic readiness that they need and deserve!

Red Bridge Elementary School 2

Posted August 27, 2012
We had two children in this school two years ago. Our children had been previously homeschooled, were well behaved, and did very well academically until they went to Red Bridge. We pulled our oldest out at the semester since she was not learning anything that she didn't already know. Her 5th grade teacher didn't even want her to use cursive since the other students hadn't learned it. Needless to say, she promptly forgot it and still has trouble with writing in cursive. Once the school year was over, our other child didn't go back either. Not a great school for learning more than the basics if even that. We were very disappointed in Red Bridge. But, we haven't given up on Center Schools. The girls now go to Center Middle School which is far superior to the elementary experience. They have great gifted and band programs. Some of the students can be rough and misbehaving, but so far, we've had no major issues. All of the teachers are caring and responsive.

Red Bridge Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2010
Red Bridge is a very good school. It is actually the only reall good school in Center School District. I do agree with the other review though. The kids do get off a little easy. They have very little homework even in 5th grade.

Red Bridge Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2010
My kids have been going to Red Bridge for two years. We really like the school. It is small, well run with a great staff. The only problem I have is I wish the curriculum was a little more demanding. I feel like the kids get off easy compared to other schools in other districts.

Red Bridge Elementary School
10781 Oak, Kansas City, MO  64114
Last modified Red Bridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.