Kansas City, MO

Posted December 12, 2014
CMS is an 5-star school in every way. Dominant athletic teams, outstanding academics, and great music programs make this school the best. we have a particularly great band instructor and the coaches here are amazing as well. I am a band student at CMS and also a member of the soccer, football, and basketball teams.

Posted September 03, 2013
I'm a parent that has a child that attends Center Middle School. I love the school, i love what the school stands "Made Smart" is the theme. I love how hte principle knws all the kids names in the whole school. They keep the kids current on new events in the class as well, outside the class room. Over all love the school i have a little that will start next year cant wait. :)

Center Middle 1

Posted October 03, 2008
Center Middle school has very good leadership. Though, the way the Center district's grading policy is for their Mathimatics and other main subjects are causing a big problem for the students, and parents for that matter. I think that this middle school should take better notice that the students are falling behind. And at a very rapid pace. I'm afraid there will be many more retentions in the 2008-2009 school year than ever.
2 people found this helpful

Center Middle 2

Posted September 11, 2008
I am an eighth grader at center middle school. The teachers are very willing to work with the students, and they're willing to put in extra time to help the students to better understand things. But the problem is that the school is a school where you have to walk on egg shells everyday. People have a lot of racest comments towards others. It's really not a place that's full of respect.

Posted December 05, 2006
Don Bauml and Rusty Boyle are 2 of the best physical education teachers this side of the Mason Dixon Line too bad they don't have the other 'B' teacher to balance their fitness pyramid anymore - Center is a great school and I miss the students and faculty...what a great comradarie!! SC schools are not even in the same ballpark yet (with salaries, test scores, or return teachers) Burrell

Center Middle 4

Posted June 27, 2006
My child started as a sixth grader last year. I was a little hesitant, but the new leadership that this school has is amazing!! The overall feel and focus of the school are really moving this school forward. Having a principal specifically work with the sixth graders really helped with the transition. My child will be in 8th grade this year and I know that his great experiences will continue. Kudos to the district, three principals and staff on pushing this to be one of the higher quality middle schools in the Kansas City area.

Center Middle 3

Posted September 12, 2004
Center Middle is an okay school but there are few extra-curricular-activities and lunch prices are to high. On the other hand, there are some awsome teachers especially for sixth grade. There are some major behavior problems but I think that part of that is lack of parenting but I'm not sure because I'm a seventh grader there.

Center Middle 3

Posted June 10, 2004
I was an 8th Grader at the school(2003-2004 school year). I have been in the center school district since kindergarten. I feel that this school may be one of the best middle schools in Missouri. There is plenty of parent involvement and the students are encouraged to be involved in everything from sports to tutoring. As for the teachers they treat you with kindness and respect..

Posted February 23, 2004
This is a great school and run by a great principal with the drive to keeping changing it for the better. I have had two children in this school under this principal (one still). This principal and her staff are always looking for ways to get the children to learn and they keep the children interested in learning. Whenever I have had a problem it is addressed right away and taken care of, if I have a question about a subject or teacher it is answered. I can't say enough nice things about how the principal and her staff run this school, I wish she was in charge of the high school as well.

Center Middle 2

Posted August 28, 2003
I have a daughter in the 8th grade at Center Middle School. I was told by the principal along with a group of parents, during enrollment for the last school year (2002-03) that she did not want any 'drive by' parents....meaning, she didn't want parents to just drop off and pick up their kids on a regular basis without getting involved in their child's school. I now realize this was only double talk. The more parents try to become informed and involved, the more the principal pushes back and really does not want any involvement, let alone any opinions or suggestions on improvements that could be made at 'her school'.

Center Middle
326 East 103rd St, Kansas City, MO  64114
Last modified Center Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Center Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top