Kansas City, MO

Staley High School 3

Posted February 04, 2013
The teachers at Staley are really cool. They work with you and get to know you on a personal level. This year they started Falcon hour, which is like an hour for lunch where you can go get help in a class, personally I think it's a big flop! I really don't care for it, but I must say the have found a schedule that works! The sports are good. I really enjoy the football! They just need to figure out the kinks that they still have but will get their someday! Over all I like the students, we're like a family!

Posted October 21, 2011
I am currently in my second year of going to Staley and I love it here! The teachers are amazing. I love to go to football games because everyone has AMAZING school spirit (it also helps that we win a lot) The Gifted/Talented Program is really great as well, we even has a special counselor who helps you get on the right path to college. The campus is beautiful and the layout actually makes sense. Staley offers a ton of electives for just about every interest, and we have tons of fun clubs. Once every three weeks we have two days out of the week where we go to "Direct Intervention" and it is a good time to make up tests or get extra help. Staley offers plenty of AP, Challenge, and College classes so it is very well equipped for the student who wants to challenge themselves. Staley also has great performing arts teachers, they are all fun to work with and they push you to be your best. The orchestra is phenomenal, the marching band is spectacular, the choir is amazing, and theater is wonderful. The cheerleaders, dancers ("emeralds" & "diamonds") and band all perform at home football games and they are FANTASTIC! All together Staley is a well-rounded, fun, and student-friendly school.

Posted August 17, 2010
Great High School and Superb Leadership. Love the location---Maple Woods Pkwy need to be made into 4 lanes!!

Staley High School 4

Posted July 06, 2010
I recently graduated from Staley and I'd say my experience was mixed but I believe the school is headed in the right direction. The administration's micro-managing tendencies have been keeping the students and teachers from really shining because the handpicked teachers are really outstanding. There were a lot of restrictions that kept the kind of out of the box ideas that good teachers come up with from taking root. This is one of the best schools for budding athletes in the Kansas City Area. The coaches were hand picked and the school immediately established itself on the field, court, and mat in it's first two years. I would fully recommend this school to people looking to move to the area. It fully prepared me for college and the life ahead.

Staley High School 1

Posted January 16, 2010

Staley High School 0

Posted November 26, 2009
Great school for athletes. Poorly lead and administered though.

Staley High School 3

Posted November 26, 2009
Fully focused on athletics. Strong teachers selected to open new school. Adminsitration is poor at best. Does not return phone calls to parents in a timely manner or never. Cannot seem to keep student records accurate. Counselors do not follow-up timely with requests nor provide colleges iwth materials needed for students applying to these schools. Overall, a huge dissapointment for the communicty

Posted September 11, 2009
I'm in my second year of school here at Staley and I have to say that it's wonderful!!! The teachers are awesome and actually treat you as an adult and there are a ton of extra-curriculars and clubs are popping up all of the time! And don't get me started on the school itself- its beautiful!

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted March 30, 2009
Amazing school! Love the teachers and staff!

Staley High School
2800 NE Shoal Creek Parkway, Kansas City, MO  64156
Last modified Staley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Staley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top